Mbulaf's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Are Photos Added to Maps Commercial Photos?

Hi All,

I tried to take some photos in a hotel but they prevented me. Their reason was that their management must first approve any pictures of their hotel that is put out.

I also understand that some photos get deleted from Maps, are there any guidelines on picture quality and/or permission requirement from such a party?

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Are Photos Added to Maps Commercial Photos?

hi @Mbulaf,

Google is very strict about the copyrights and restrictions. 

We can't take photos in the restricted areas, defense area.

If the owner or management says no then please avoid taking pictures. Actually we are helping their business, once they understood surely they will welcome you warmly, that day is very near. 

If the photos marked as abuse/ restricted, those photos will be removed from google map in no time. So your points will go down. But its ok, that is the legal system.

Keep contribute to the community, there are plenty of places still not discovered. Find it and get better credits.

I wish you all the success,

John Peter 

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

hi @Mbulaf,

Google is very strict about the copyrights and restrictions. 

We can't take photos in the restricted areas, defense area.

If the owner or management says no then please avoid taking pictures. Actually we are helping their business, once they understood surely they will welcome you warmly, that day is very near. 

If the photos marked as abuse/ restricted, those photos will be removed from google map in no time. So your points will go down. But its ok, that is the legal system.

Keep contribute to the community, there are plenty of places still not discovered. Find it and get better credits.

I wish you all the success,

John Peter 

Level 7

Hello @JohnPeter,

Thanks a lot for your concise response to my inquiry, especially the advice

regarding what to avoid when taking photos meant for Maps. It is rather

unfortunate that some people don't yet see the greater good of this

Google project. I will keep up with my contributions with the so manyyet-to-

discover places out here.

Thanks once more!

Mbulaf