_muhammad_hassan1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Any way to earn money from google map local guides

Is thier is anyway to earn money from google map. If anyone known please comment down below 

509 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Vendor
Solution

Re: Any way to earn money from google map

Hi @_muhammad_hassan1,

Thank you for reaching out.

Local Guides are not paid nor may Local Guides earn money for their contributions, per our program rules. The Local Guides program is for individuals who contribute to Google Maps who like to help others to discover and explore their world. But they can earn other benefits like:

• Early access to new Google products
  • Invitations to offline events
  • Access to exclusive perks
  • A badge of distinction in the Google Maps app 

Make sure your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides home. You can learn more about the program and benefits in the Help Center.

Please note that I relabeled your post to How-tos, since it is fits better there. When you have a question, you can start a new post or search if there is something similar to what you are asking already on Connect.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Google Vendor
Solution

Re: Any way to earn money from google map

Hi @_muhammad_hassan1,

Thank you for reaching out.

Local Guides are not paid nor may Local Guides earn money for their contributions, per our program rules. The Local Guides program is for individuals who contribute to Google Maps who like to help others to discover and explore their world. But they can earn other benefits like:

• Early access to new Google products
  • Invitations to offline events
  • Access to exclusive perks
  • A badge of distinction in the Google Maps app 

Make sure your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides home. You can learn more about the program and benefits in the Help Center.

Please note that I relabeled your post to How-tos, since it is fits better there. When you have a question, you can start a new post or search if there is something similar to what you are asking already on Connect.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Payment for a local guide

Does google pays to their local guides?

I think the answer is "NO".

I think those who are working hard for Google must get paid.

Please do share your's  views.

May be this post can lead to get us some positive results.

Connect Moderator

Re: Payment for a local guide

Hi @Sandeep_Tiwari

Thanks for sharing your idea. If you make a search under Idea Exchange you will find lots of people proposing the same idea. 

A big problem I see would be the legitimacy of local guides' reviews. Paid reviews can not be trusted. Sorry. Imagine if local guides were paid money and not these rather abstract points. How many local guides do you think would start posting as many reviews as possible just to get the money?

I enjoy the pleasure associated with being able to help others via Google Maps.

Cheers

Level 6

As you help Google. Google will also help you in different ways: such as perk ( huge storage to share with family, Google socks,have opportunities straight from Google to chat/contact them 24/7.Every new offer from Google comes to you first. Thank you.

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @Sandeep_Tiwari 

The local guides program is not binding on anybody. 

I find, "contribute whenever you wish" to be an impressive feature.

Further, even if you do not opt for the program, still you can post reviews, do edits and each and every act. I have seen many reviews by non-LGs also. The choice is yours.

Connect Moderator

@Sandeep_Tiwari 

A few years ago I paid 100 € for updating the maps on my navigation system.

Then I discovered Google Maps, and a lot of other Apps, spreadsheet, word editor, photo storage, an email service.

All for free. Do you think it is a mistake to give you for free something that you usually have to pay for?

I contribute because I like to have maps updated, I contribute because it is interesting and funny. I am in this community because I like the friendship is the community.

How you contribute, as @C_T said, is your own choice.

BTW, I am always interested on the choice of the words.

Can you please define what is the meaning of "hard" for you?

100 Photos, or  5.000?

100 reviews, or 1.000?

100 edits, or 1.000?

1000 answers, or 10.000

Defining the perimeters of this will be interesting

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Sandeep_Tiwari,

The Local Guides team has no plans to monetarily compensate any Google Maps contributors for their contributions to Google Maps at this time.  I think you'd also be interested in one of my earlier posts, Why be a Local Guide?

To keep the conversation in one place I will merge your post to a thread where this has been discussed recently.

Level 7

Yes

Akash Mandal
Level 6

I also love to make new friend from different countries and different areas, thank you far a such great reply. 😊