ele's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Any local guides in Antarctica? I have some questions on a recent review.

Any local guides in Antarctica that can check this site? Or at least start a restaurant review?

Found at location 80°34'08.4"S 30°05'19.3”W, a small dent can be seen in the snow with no other tracks around it. Spotted by Russian UFO-enthusiast Valentin Degterev, he believes that the spot is the marking of alien lifeforms. It measures at 65 feet wide and 230 feet long, making it large enough for a vessel to have created. Degterev explained on Russian social media website VK: “I think there is very large disc-shaped flying machine among the frozen ice.”

Andrew Fleming from the British Antarctic Survey told MailOnline: “A crevasse is a lot of ice formed by differential movement of the ice.They can be tens of meters deep. It's one large slot, nothing unusual, but they are spectacular. It's certainly not a UFO, though.”

Antarctica is a mere 14 million sq km - still it lacks one restaurant review. Maybe the UFO site is a bit far, but a restaurant review, please? 

Google-Maps-UFO-crash-landing.jpg

restaurants.jpg

Antarctica
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Any local guides in Antarctica? I have some questions on a recent review.

Connect Moderator

Are there any restaurants or even businesses in Antarctica? There are several scientific bases but I'm not aware of any businesses being allowed to establish.

Level 8
Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich Good question.

Port Lockroy has a few businesses for tourists (souvenir shop and post office), from what I read. Looks like there was a Streetview pack there. 

port-l.jpg

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @ele,

we have a wonderful Local Guide in Antarctica, that is sharing breathtaking photos in Connect. Let me introduce @kiljaeL an some of the beautiful posts he made:

and more

Ermes

Level 10

I had heard that only scientists re allowed to go to Antarctica and about 1,000 scientists are there.  

I am amazed to see restaurant from there @ele. I will go through the links shared by @ErmesT to know more about there.

Feeling happy to see this post.

Level 6

Google map(Photo sphere) : https://goo.gl/maps/ofJmYes4QcF2

I will upload it on Google map when I have time.

2018-02-14 20;36;59.JPEG

Former Google Contributor

Hello @kiljaeL,

Thanks for sharing this 360 photo. It looks scary and lonely, at least to me.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators