cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Any Sydney local guides?

There you go.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/the-goulburn-road-trip

its up. I will adjust the date for next week shortly. For now let me see if anyone is interested at all?

@RobFranceInOz@Briggs@Justine2807@PaulPavlinovich, @Hark1

Bi bh
Connect Moderator

Hi @Blue_bullet I'm not in Sydney. It is an interesting idea, what are you going to do when you get there? Small rural centres and towns often don't have many (any) Local Guides and they can really benefit from a concerted effort to map the area.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Dear @Blue_bullet,

I do admire and like your proposal. I shall be counted in provided there are at least two others who can confirm their attendance (e.g. one driver, three passengers). I definitely love road trips! This would be a blast. This weekend is a little bit of a late notice however, so other local guides altering their schedules/plans in hindsight may prove limited.

Hopefully you'll get a good response!

Level 7

@Briggs - Thank you. Hopefully I am the driver! We need confirmation from one or two more.

@PaulPavlinovich - We have a localguide @RobFranceInOz who stays around Goulborn. We will ride upto him and probably be able get to a couple of places less seen/spotted. Are you working out of Goog in CA? How sad our Mod is not on our island!

@Justine2807 stays on the northern beaches, so I will more than happy to pick up where you want! Ideally she is a LG "STAR" when it comes to Sydney!

I can understand this week is too short a notice. Surely if everyone's engaged lets do another weekend. I also need confirmation from @RobFranceInOz if he is showing us a good cafe and giving us a list of places we can go to. 

@Hark1 --- Are you hiding behind a stressful week at work? 🙂

PS: Bring your own music! or Wine 😛

Bi bh
Level 7

Hi Guys

I would be more than happy to meet, it has turned to be a kind of dream, anyway I need a bit more time to arrange, What is the plan for this weekend ?

Regards

Reza

Level 7

All right! Moved the date to 4-Nov-2017. I will change if anyone goes missing that day due to a dentist appointment. I could find a change button so had to delete the even and create another one. I will post the link soon! Meanwhile I am still to hear from @RobFranceInOz and @Justine2807.

Bi bh
Level 7

Meanwhile found another interesting person! I swear I was crawling posts! Ladies and Gents please welcome @Alice_SydneySider

Bi bh
Level 7

Found some more people from the last meetup. 

Calling

@RezaK

@MonikaM

@photons

@SzilardP 

@PatrickE

@YanKK

@KabeerS

@RioP

@AbidM

@NicholasL

Bi bh
Connect Moderator

@Blue_bullet wrote:

@PaulPavlinovich - We have a localguide @RobFranceInOz who stays around Goulborn. We will ride upto him and probably be able get to a couple of places less seen/spotted. Are you working out of Goog in CA? How sad our Mod is not on our island!

Hi @Blue_bullet no I don't work for Google, I'm a volunteer LG just like you. I do actually live in Melbourne but I was at the Local Guides Summit in San Francisco when I replied to you. I'm back home now.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Hi @Blue_bullet

Thank you for your awesome organisation with this event, however the 4th November is already booked for me is there any way we can make it the week after,  I will be able to be there for Saturday 11th November 2017 please as I would really love to be involved in this outing. It sounds like a exciting interesting meet-up for Sydney plus around the area, as in Sensational South Coast Local Guides Connect members. I love road trips and it is an awesome Google Maps adventure to be involved in Google Maps additions and reviews on the way. Other wonderful people from Sydney plus also down south near Wollongong way to include are @CamtuPham from down South plus also @Briggs from Sydney.

I am sure they would love to join us in the adventurous expedition.  Please invite them as well. 

Let me know if that it is ok to make it November 11th 2017, for a wonderful GLGC wondering and discovery of the South Coast

Cheers

@Justine2807

@Blue_bullet wrote:

All right! Moved the date to 4-Nov-2017. I will change if anyone goes missing that day due to a dentist appointment. I could find a change button so had to delete the even and create another one. I will post the link soon! Meanwhile I am still to hear from @RobFranceInOz and @Justine2807.