Blue_bullet's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Any Sydney local guides?

I just realised I have been sitting on a lot of points never to think there is a community! Alas. Let's meet?

Bi bh
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
36 comments
Level 10

Re: Any sydney local guides?

Hi @Blue_bullet

It is very nice to meet you. It will be great to see your avatar when you do it. Where in Sydney are you from?

I am from the Northern Beaches. 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

Cheers

@Justine2807

IMG_20150913_141637-ANIMATION.gifDee Why Beach from The Beach hut cafe.Dee Why Beach from The Beach hut cafe.Cooks Terrace and Mona Vale beachCooks Terrace and Mona Vale beachThe Deck, Dee Why Beach, SydneyThe Deck, Dee Why Beach, SydneyLittle Narrabeen is Turimetta beachLittle Narrabeen is Turimetta beachGoogle Local Guides Sydney Australia  36" Annual photowalk 23rd April 2017Google Local Guides Sydney Australia 36" Annual photowalk 23rd April 2017Google Local Guides Sydney 36" Annual photowalk 2017Google Local Guides Sydney 36" Annual photowalk 2017

Level 7

Nice to meet you too. I am close to Chatswood. Northern but not close the beach, I wish 🙂 I will look into the program more closely as it looks like it will warp open on a desktop(at home). I am currently in Cairns and on my way to get my new badge; I hope. I have dedicated today just to this. I don't know if the program will kick me out :D.

Bi bh
Level 10

Hi @Blue_bullet

We are now connected, Welcome to Google Local Guides Connect! You will not get kicked out if you be yourself.. a great person and of course obide by Google Policies and proceedures. All Google Local Guides Connect rules are the same. Check them out.

Yo, you know I.T. . My son lives in Chatswood! Gorgeous area near to the beaches and the city too easy!! Darwin looks awesome, a must do for me as I have travelled most of oz and N.T. is next including the Kimberlies. Thanks for being here. I am sure you will love I.T. And make a difference. Just by being part of Google Local Guides Connect, you make I.T. so. 

Shine on champion. 

Google Local Guides Connect friends always connected  

Cheers

@Justine

Level 10

Re: Any Sydney local guides?

Hello!

I'm a Sydney Local Guide. I'm from Western Sydney, and Justine and I had a small get-together last weekend for the Worldwide Gems Walk (essentially it's like an exploration), so we went to the Royal Botanic Gardens.

Would be exciting to get to know you, and good luck with the pursuits of your badge! Don't worry, Local Guides can't really kick you out for wanting to grow so quickly. Be yourself and in line with its principles and you'll do great!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Blue_bullet there are heaps over on g+ in the Sydney Local Guides Community

Welcome to Local Guides there are lots of ways to contribute to Google Maps that help everyone around you

The best ways to contribute and get points are
* Add new places
* Add meaningful quality photos to places
* Edit places to update them to correct information.
* Review and rate places you’ve experienced and tell us about them
* Add photos to places you visit

Never review places you have not personally visited or used.
Good luck in your journey as a Local Guide.

There are loads of great tips in this forum Getting Started for how to get the most out of Connect.

If you haven't already consider introducing yourself on this post

Regards Paul

Level 7

@Justine2807

Thank you once again for the warm welcome. NT sounds pretty interesting. I would love to drive through Uluru and reach Darvin, explore all of it. Hopefully will find like minded people and time. How long have you toured Australia? Please do throw some light on your travels. 

@Briggs

Thank you for the welcome. I have seen the thread Justine posted with pics and events of the day. Looks like fun, it was indeed a beautiful sunny day. Please do include me in these escapades going forward. I would love to meet you guys for a cup of coffee or beer!

@PaulPavlinovich

Thank you for the directions. Appreciate it. 

Bi bh
Level 8

HI @Blue_bullet Im in Goulburn SW of Sydney and also in the ACT.

Not many down this way I think.

Level 7

Hi @RobFranceInOz

It's a pleasure to meet you. I had to look up Goulburn is about 200km south of Sydney. I might say your close. Surely one day I will head that way and give a shout to see Rambo.

Bi bh
Level 10

Hi @Blue_bullet , @RobFranceInOz , @Briggs (Plus many thanks to our fabulous Google Local Guides Connect Moderator, fantastic support,  leader and  Melbourne-ite @PaulPavlinovich

Just a short note here to let you know another person is looking to have a Sydney meet-up, that you may want to check out:

Let-s-Meet-Up/Sydney-Local-Guides-get-together

@Hark1 Reza is trying to get together, If someone picks a date and place then puts in an application via Google Local Guides https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup

It will happen.
See you all then! Cheers!