GauravDutta's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Any Rewards by Google / Google Maps / Local Guides for Local Guide Level 5.

Any certificate / T-shirt / rewards for reaching Local Guide Level 5.

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Any Rewards by Google / Google Maps / Local Guides for Local Guide Level 5.

Hi @GauravDutta ,

1. I don't think that Google gives any certificates for becoming a level 5 Local Guides.

2. And the last time they gave T-Shirts was in last year, I mean in 2015.

3. And currently you can only have other rewards like : Getting a Level 5 badge, and a chance to attend the Local Guides Summit but only if you're selected.

I hope you've your answers now.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9

A tremendous sense of achievement?

No certificate but you could make your own though. Take a piece of A4 paper, write your name and below that write Local Guide Level 5. Then put it in a drawer (repeat for T shirt by using a plain white T shirt and sharpie) 

https://www.google.com/local/guides/benefits/

Former Google Contributor

Hi @GauravDutta,

First of all congratulations for reaching this level. Well done and thanks a lot for your contributions and reviews!  

As our global community continues to grow, the Local Guides program is constantly evolving. We won't be offering an annual gift this year as we focus on improving program offerings and in-product experience. Stay tuned for things to come. Extended Drive storage is currently available for one year. We're always working to improve our benefits and will work to improve the experience for our most frequent contributors over time.

Learn more → https://goo.gl/PAk4BM

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8
Solution

Hi @GauravDutta ,

1. I don't think that Google gives any certificates for becoming a level 5 Local Guides.

2. And the last time they gave T-Shirts was in last year, I mean in 2015.

3. And currently you can only have other rewards like : Getting a Level 5 badge, and a chance to attend the Local Guides Summit but only if you're selected.

I hope you've your answers now.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 7

Thanks for time. Hope to work with you soon.

@PhilipF wrote:

A tremendous sense of achievement?

No certificate but you could make your own though. Take a piece of A4 paper, write your name and below that write Local Guide Level 5. Then put it in a drawer (repeat for T shirt by using a plain white T shirt and sharpie) 

https://www.google.com/local/guides/benefits/

Level 7

Thanks for time. Hope to work with you soon.

Level 7

Hello MariaB

This post is written in English even though I live in Brasilia. The reason I do this is to connect to a bigger amount of contributors.

I believe that If you want to travel the Globe, English is a common language and it can get us closer to cultures and people from all over the world.

I´m open to discussing travelling tips of where I´ve been, which includes 19 countries so far. And of course, I´m eager to learn and share our travel experiences with the community.

I´m opened for a happy hour meeting or sightseeing tour in Brasilia if you´re up to that as well. 

Let´s meet up people.

My email is <EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED>

Cheers!

Mario Nicoletti

Level 5

hi i'm in 7/14/2017 retch to level 5 and you say that on this year there is no benefits or gift for local guides if in 2018 you give a gift am i will get it ? the Gift for local guides