LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Another day in a Local Guide Life - Mapping Caffarella

Hi Local Guides!

Today i want to show you something i've made the last week; i've started to create SV for a large area near my home, Parco della Caffarella, a huge archeological park inside Rome.

Actually the result is a long blue dot trail, not yet connected: i hope will autoconnect, but i'm ready to manually connect everything!

Here is the making of video! Hope you like it!

Here is the BEFORE:

Schermata 2017-05-06 alle 23.16.08.png

And AFTER:

Schermata 2017-05-06 alle 23.16.31.png

And here is the area: https://goo.gl/maps/u3yeKJsaZ7y

Cheers!

@TraciC@Corrie@ErmesT@YK1001@iyudhi@Csaba@AnuradhaP@IlankovanT@ShafiulB

Parco della Caffarella, Via della Caffarella, Roma, RM, Italia
28 comments
Level 10

Re: Another day in a Local Guide Life - Mapping Caffarella

@LucioV Thanks Lucio for sharing and you have shown us how easy it is to create a street view. This video will inspire lots of Local Guides around the world. 

Level 8

Great initiative and progress! Great work 🙂 looks like you had great adventure. Thank you for making maps better and up-to-date! 

Level 9

@LucioV thanks for sharing this and hope this is useful for all. I did the similar activity last week at Sinharaja Rain Forest (hope you might have checked it already). are you using SV editor to connect these 360's? or any other third party tools to connect? sometimes auto connect will not work properly and we have to use the editor version. appreciate if you could share your experience on connecting 360's. many SV Trusted photographers doesn't have access to the editor (Including myself). what tools would you recommend for connecting 360's? thanks in advance.

Level 10

@IlankovanT I have seen some third party paid editors online. Most of them need a subscription. You may also get the emails from these third party software developers. 

Level 8

Hey @LucioV

Very nice video! Ricoh Theta is a great camera, I am still in doubt about Samsung Gear 360 (quality) or LG Cam 360 (compatibility)...

I would like to suggest you to buy a lapel microphone. It is cheap and you can plug and record direct to smartphone. You will have more work to sync audio and video, but the audio quality and definition will increase a lot. 😀

Again, well done with your SV, it is inspiring!

😉

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor
Connect Moderator

@LucioV What an great work by you, thats why i called you as SV expert. 

We have to learn many things from you and Local Guides Team can consider you as a SVT expert otherwise SVT Moderator. 

Level 10

@LucioV

Informative post many local guides 

Can learn from your video .thanks for sharing. 

Level 10

Excellent project, @LucioV, thanks for sharing!

Level 10

@IlankovanT wrote:

@LucioV thanks for sharing this and hope this is useful for all. I did the similar activity last week at Sinharaja Rain Forest (hope you might have checked it already). are you using SV editor to connect these 360's? or any other third party tools to connect? sometimes auto connect will not work properly and we have to use the editor version. appreciate if you could share your experience on connecting 360's. many SV Trusted photographers doesn't have access to the editor (Including myself). what tools would you recommend for connecting 360's? thanks in advance.

@IlankovanT i was missing your thread! I watch it only this morning! Amazing! No, the spheres didn't autoconnect (yet). I've used only SV App, but i'm ready to upload it into gothru and try to connect manually, but will be really an hard work!