PrestonAZTXMN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Anna's Hummingbird

The Anna's Hummingbird is an entertaining bird in that the male flies straight up over 100 foot, then dives straight down to impress a female. The dive makes an enormous screeching sound caused by rapid air movement through its tail feathers. I shot this photo of one perched on an Ochotillo cactus with a Canon EOS 1100D camera.Anna's HummingbirdAnna's Hummingbird

14 comments
Google Vendor

Re: Anna's Hummingbird

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN,

Thank you for sharing your photo with us. Nice capture of the hummingbird. Was it easy to take the photo? I guess you need would to put a lot of effort to take it. Is this bird native on your country?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN,

Cool shot! I also used to work with Canon 1100d with portrait lens and somehow found it a bit difficult. Which lens are you using? What type of photography are you interested in? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Nice bird @PrestonAZTXMN

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 8

@InaS THANKS! We have a few different bird feeders by our house. There are a number of this Hummingbird around. They are territorial, so an aggressive male hangs around protecting "his" feeder. Yes, it took a bit of patience, & getting the sunlight on the correct side to capture this shot. But other than that, it was not a difficult shot. The Anna's Hummingbird is an indigenous species here in Arizona. It is found in Mexico in the Baja, S. California, & Arizona.

Level 8

@DanniS THANKS!!!

The lens is a 75-300 mm telephoto. I shoot a lot of nature shots, including wildlife & landscape. I have posted MANY shots in both the Photography & Travel sections of LG Connect Forums. I enjoy photography and travel, so consequently post a lot of photos as Local Guide to help others.

What trouble did you have with the 1100D? I find it very intuitive, & a solid camera for my hobby.

Level 8

@AbdullahAM THANKS much for your encouragement!

Google Vendor

Thank you for your reply @PrestonAZTXMN. These are very interesting facts about Anna's Hummingbird. If you have more pictures you can add them here in the post.

Level 8

This is the same bird, but with the sunlight fluorescing the feathers. They can look black, pink, or even a very bright orange depending on sunlight orientation.IMG_4436 (2).JPG

Google Vendor

Wow, that's a great photo @PrestonAZTXMN! You capture it the right moment. Thank you for sharing this photo with us. What lens did you use? Did you edit the colors?

Just as a reminder, don't forget when responding make sure to tag me (by writing @ before the names) in the post so I can receive notifications that you are communicating to me.