不過,真理之口最有名的特色,是用作測謊儀。從中世紀開始,人們相信
如果有人撒謊,他的手伸進口中,就會被咬住。真理之口沒有想像中的巨大真理之口沒有想像中的巨大

17世紀,它被安放在希臘聖母堂的門廊入口。17世紀,它被安放在希臘聖母堂的門廊入口。

Mouth of Truth, Piazza Bocca della Verità, 羅馬意大利
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Ancient lie detector—La Bocca della Verità

Hi @Bonjourtaiwan

It seems you had a great time in my country. Thank you for sharing with us this beautiful picture of "La Bocca della Verità". Have you tried to put your hand inside the mouth? I did it several times, and nothing happened, but I know that I am not a liar 🙂

What I like more is the Curch, with the beautiful mosaics on the floor, and the view of ancient temples that you have all around the Church.

Do you want to tell us more, about your experience in Rome? I am missing Rome a lot, so I really appreciate all the post about the The Eternal City

Level 10

Dear @ErmesT

Taiwan cannot see the Orthodox Church, which is very rare for me.

Of course, in the future, I still have a lot of stories about the Eternal City of Rome to share with everyone.

The Italians gave me a very good impression during the traval in Italy.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Bonjourtaiwan,

This sculpture instantly brought back memories thanks for sharing!

This ancient lie detector was used a lot to scare children in my country back in the day. This was a common way of trying to teach kids not to lie, and to be honest, I was absolutely terrified of the thought of loosing my hand in that mouth.

Luckily I've grown and my common sense has kicked in. I actually visited this exact place in May 2018, and I still have both of my hands.

What did you enjoy the most about Rome?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Dear @MortenSI

Thank you for your comments. Indeed, honest people are not afraid. I love Rome, this is a great city, no matter the past or the future. I like too many things in Rome, and I will share it with you in the future.(*^^*)IMG_20150925_130046.jpg

Former Google Contributor

I feel the same way @Bonjourtaiwan

I hope you'll share more great photos in the future, and great photo of St. Peter's Basilica by the way. 

If I'm not completely off, this photo looks like it was taken from behind Castel Sant'Angelo by the river.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!