bicestersnapper's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Ancient Sites in Sicily

Visiting Italy on a trip last year we decided to take a detour to Sicily. We both like researching the history of an area and were delighted to discover the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento, a World Heritage site. Here are Greek temples in all their glory, massive majestic erections which take your breath away. The walk is tiring for those who are not so young, but there are plenty of places to sit and rest, bring along some lunch and enjoy the day-you cerTemple of HerculesTemple of HerculesThis may be the statue of HerculesThis may be the statue of HerculesGreek Temple.JPGtainly wont regret it.

7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Ancient Sites in Sicily

Hi @bicestersnapper , 

I am glad you liked Sicily. I have never visited Agrigento and from your pictures what was the element that surprised more about this part of the city? Next time you will visit Sicily I would advise you to visit also Palermo. Is quite well connected with flight connections and it's a very interesting city to see. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @bicestersnapper ,

My friend and I were just discussing that we should visit Sicily and here I see your post! The ancient sites are worth admiring. Did you visit any other interesting places on the island?

Following @Sorbe 's advice, I searched for some photos of Palermo on Google Maps to get an idea what it looks like. I am in love with it already! 

I hope I will get the chance to visit it and the sooner, the better!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 2

Hello there, Melissa here. greetings from the beautiful island of Sicily. The Valley of the Temples in Sicily is not only a must visit but its history is a must read to truly appreciate Sicily's rich background. I have been in Agrigento a few times, young and clueless for the first time, I just took photos as much as I could without really learning the stories behind these ruins. The next visits, I learned my mistake and also discover the beauty hidden between the spaces of these temples. I encourage everyone to read facts, myths and secrets about the site, it's a long walk but worth explòring.

https://sicilyshortstay.com/2019/01/02/valley-of-the-temples-facts-myths-secrets/

Level 1

Thanks

Former Google Contributor

Hi @moshiurrahman and @melissasicilystay,

A kind reminder, you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

@bicestersnapper thank you for sharing this great post with us, the photos are really amazing.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 10

Hermoso lugar! Me gustaría ir a conocerlo 🙂 

Level 2

@MoniV   Thank you for the reminder.