StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: An escapade with Palm Toddy

Hi @AlexaAC most welcome in South Africa.

Level 10

@StephenAbraham great post bhaiiii... 

Toddy is also one of the most famous drinks of my native place that is Bihar. Being a landlocked area and is absence of coastal lines there is less coconut trees, hence here people used to extract toddy or tree juice from palmyra tree (taad 🌲).

I like this drink very most, specially which is freshly obtained from the tree. 

Since alcohol was banned by the state government, Toddy has become the last option for the people to get high 😂😂😂....

It is now saviour for the alcoholic person.

They also mixing some chemical to ferment it very fast.... 

Level 10

@NandKK I will come there and visit you soon.. and we can have toddy shop exploration as a meet up idea. 🙂

Level 10

A very nice idea @StephenAbraham... Come soon... You are most welcome..

Connect Moderator

Hello @StephenAbraham ,

Very informative post, and the if you believe I never heard about all which you shared in your post .

It's really interesting process ,,

Than I searched and found this 👇

Toddy tapping and collection in South india

Thanks again Stephen 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Hi @StephenAbraham your post is really amazing very beautiful explanation about your place and drink.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing @StephenAbraham bro.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Google Moderator

Hi @StephenAbraham,

I really enjoyed reading about the way you obtain and consume toddy. Those toddy collectors look so skilled, climbing the tall trees with such ease!

I was surprised to learn how quickly the palm sap fermented. For how long can you preserve it? Can you find bottles of toddy in shops, or is it usually consumed fresh/after a night of fermentation?

Next time I visit Malaysia, I'll try it!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@DeniGu It will keep a few days in the fridge, the longer we keep it, the stronger it gets. Most people will consume within 2-3 days. Most welcome to Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka where we can find this. 🙂 

Google Moderator

Thanks for your reply, @StephenAbraham!

The colour of the toddy really reminds me of the Japanese fermented rice wine, called sake. I know that sake is used in some rituals, like for example a cup of sake is passed around by a priest on New Year's eve to everyone who went to the temple to pray for a good year.

Do you know if toddy is also used in some rituals?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!