ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Amazing cities: 🇩🇪 Munich

Hi Local Guides from all around the world. I hope you are doing very well.

I'm writing this post to tell you about my visit to Munich with @santiagoirale, which was a few months ago.

After visiting Prague, we got on a bus and headed to Germany. The travel was supposed to be 5 hours long, but it lasted a bit longer due to passport controls before and during the trip.

But the good thing was... that the bus had a small beer shop!

My first german beer!My first german beer!

When we arrived we weren't exactly sure how the subway worked... so we spent a while asking some people. We arrived at the hotel at about 9pm and we were really hungry! So we had a shower, dressed up and went to the city centre looking for somewhere to have dinner. 

And then we saw Hofbräuhaus! I had always wanted to visit it. It's one of the best breweries inMunich. It was founded in 1589 and I can for sure say that it has one of the best beers I've ever had!

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.30 (1).jpeg

We asked the waitress to see the menu and she said that they didn't serve food, but she didn't tell us why. She wasn't very nice so I talked to her in German and only then she agreed to bring us some food.

Wurst mit Kartoffelsalat (sausages with potato salad)Wurst mit Kartoffelsalat (sausages with potato salad)WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.30 (2).jpeg

Everything was very very tasty! Suddenly we started listening to some live music and then realized that there was a german band playing typical music.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.30 (4).jpeg

It was incredible! There were many young people dancing to it. We really had lots of fun. 

But of course we were really tired because we had been travelling all day and we were ready to go to sleep and start a new day 🙂

Day 2 started with a visit to Marienplatz. It's the most important square in Munich because there is the city hall.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.31.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.31 (1).jpeg

We found that there was a free walking tour about to start so we joined it. The guide talked in spanish and told us many interesting things about the city. We also visited the Frauenkirche (lady's church) that is the Cathedral and it's called that way because during World War 2 it was bombed and almost destroyed, and many women helped restore it.

FrauenkircheFrauenkirche

We then visited other places like Fünf Höfe (shopping mall) and the National Theatre.

National TheatreNational TheatreFünf HöfeFünf Höfe

After finishing the tour we walked to the English Garden, had lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon there.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.31 (5).jpeg

I found this place to be just amazing. It's very big (4,17 km of green area) and the entrance is free. We were very surprised when we saw people surfing (yes, surfing!) in the Eisbachwelle, here's a photo:

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.31 (6).jpeg

We then kept walking along the Eisbach river. Every step showed us an incredible view.

English gardens, Munich, GermanyEnglish gardens, Munich, Germany

We were told that there was a food court at the Chinese Tower and of course we were already hungry!

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32.jpeg

There were all kinds of different foods and drinks, and this is what we had:

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32 (1).jpeg

After lunch we layed on the grass for a bit and then kept on walking.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32 (4).jpegEnglish gardens, Munich, GermanyEnglish gardens, Munich, GermanyWhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32 (2).jpeg

After this beautiful long visit, we went back to the centre of the city to do some shopping.

Something that really surprised me about Munich is that you can find giant flower pots with colorful tulips like these:

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32 (5).jpeg

Day 2 finised having dinner at a Mc Donald's and going to sleep early 🙂

We began day 3 by visiting Deutsches Museum (German Museum). We could get a student discount so the ticket was much less expensive! I even had the chance to pilot a toy plane 🙂

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32 (7).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32 (6).jpeg

After the visit to the museum we had a delicious pizza!

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.32 (8).jpeg

We then walked a bit more around the city because it was a beautiful afternoon.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.33.jpeg

We had dinner at a restaurant and crazy thing: the waiter was an argentine! He moved to Europe during our crisis of 2001 and has been living there since then. PS: the food was delicious!

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.33 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.33 (1).jpeg

Next day was shopping day. So more walking in the city 🙂

Last beer in Germany! :(Last beer in Germany! 😞WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.33 (5).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.33 (4).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 12.50.33 (3).jpeg

We then headed to the bus station to travel to our next destination.

Bus to our next destination!Bus to our next destination!

What will it be? Stay tuned 🙂

My experience of staying in Germany was very positive. Munich is an important city and it has many beautiful places to visit. I tried to practice my german but people just didn't have patience: I started talking in German and as soon as I asked them to repeat what they just said, they noticed that I was not a native German speaker and answered to me in English 😞

We stayed in a hotel that wasn't close to the centre of the city and we had to take the subway everyday. The subway works amazingly well, and of course it never arrived late.

Munich people are very nice, I imagine they are used to receiving lots of tourists every year. Language is not a problem because everyone speaks good English.

@LudwigGermany I think you may like this 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Munich, Germany
47 comments
Connect Moderator

Betreff: Amazing cities: 🇩🇪 Munich

@ValeriaA_ yes, I like this. Thank you for this nice report.

Next time, when you are here, we should arrange a meet-up with the LocalGuides in Munich like @MiaMaria or @TorM.

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Level 9

Re: Amazing cities: 🇩🇪 Munich

very nice trip @ValeriaA_ and very nice photos 🙂

@MiaMaria @TorM  we have a big to do list in Munich 😉

Connect Moderator

Que lindo viaje que realizaste @ValeriaA_, me gustan los pequeños detalles de la historia para tenerlos en cuenta en un hipotético viaje a Múnich. Como pedir comida o hablar Alemán.

Supongo que allí es donde vemos el gran contraste de cómo es ser turista, en sitios tan visitados como esos, supongo que la analogía más cercana a esa puede ser la de los lugareños con los turistas en la cuidad de Mar del Plata. 

Me gustaron mucho las Fotos del parque son muy buenas. 

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 9

@ValeriaA_ sounds like you had an amazing trip to Munich 🙂 I'm happy to hear you liked it!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Connect Moderator

Looks like you had plenty to see, eat and fun to be had.

Level 9

Very nice photos, hope it was a lovely trip @ValeriaA_

Level 10

@LudwigGermany I hope I visit Munich again soon! And I would love to attend a meet-up with you and @MiaMaria @TorM 🙂

Best wishes

Valeria

Level 10

Thanks @OSAMA! I hope you join the meet-up too 🙂

Level 10

Gracias @FaridTDF! Me alegro de que te haya gustado. Fue un viaje realmente hermoso, creo que me encantó todo de Munich jeje 🙂