Trent365's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

All my edits immediately rejected

Hi there.

I have a long history with Local Guides. Many thousands of edits, lots of photo submissions etcetera. A couple of days ago, my edits were suddenly no longer being considered by the system. Instantly rejected/not verified. I understand that many edits go into human review, but this is no longer happening. It's the same both on mobile and desktop.

My behaviour hasn't changed. I'm not suddenly reporting legitimate businesses as spam or anything crazy like that. The edits I'm suggesting are things that would have previously been instantly approved or would show up as in review and then mostly get approved within a few days.

I'd say that my approved edits have previously been in the ~90% range.

It's almost like my account has gone from being seen as credible to somehow flagged as spammy in error.

This is kind of freaking me out, because my points total and seeing the emails saying my edit was approved matter to me.

I'd appreciate it if a moderator could take a look at this for me, or forward it to the appropriate department.

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: All my edits immediately rejected

Hello @Trent365, sorry to hear that. Can you give some more details about the types of edits you most frequently make? And are you uploading multiple pictures per POI - and if so: are some of those quite similar?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

I most frequently edit things that seem spammy or like keyword stuffing is going on. For instance, street names, town/city names or business type being crammed into a business name on Maps, when the location or business type isn't actually part of the POI's legal name or the name displayed on their sign. Again, though, this isn't new on my part. In the past, these kind of edits have either been immediately accepted or have gone into verification/checking. I've submitted many thousands of edits to classifications, names and other details over the years and have never had this experience.

I travel fairly regularly and I do often submit pictures to Maps. Sometimes, I do indeed submit more than one picture to a given place pages/POI. Sometimes they're similar, but usually they're fairly distinct from one another. Regardless, I typically remove the ones the system and users deem less relevant after a while. In rare cases when I do like pictures that are similar, they remain there for a while. Ultimately though, I like to keep things lean, so aim for about 1,000 submitted images. I clean them up every couple of months or so. This gives them time to settle/establish whether or not they're going to meet my standards in terms of view count and if not, they get removed.

Again, none of what I'm describing is new.

Connect Moderator

Well, in what you mention I certainly can't see any reason why your trust score would have been negatively impacted, @Trent365

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

I didn't think so either. That's why I was hoping someone could elevate this for me.