TorM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

All Saint Day in Poland

Today for the Catholics it was a special day.1A78AF29-F38A-4987-B19A-7F472062E0E1.jpegIt is called All Saints Day. So, as I‘m no Catholic I will try to discribe it with my words, without to claim to be 100 % in line with the Catholic understanding.

EVERY person in the world is unique and that we humans exists, can’t be a simple biological circumstance. Many religions believe that humans have a soul. So when the body die, something of us remain.

EVERY person has given something to the world during her/ his lifetime. We all as well have committed sins.

Some people have committed sins, but are based on the Catholic rules somehow an example of good people. To be a really Saint, the person also have given a miracle to the world. The process of being a Saint in the Catholic Church is described in details and to be an official Saint is not such easy. 

As well there are many people who died already and their miracles hasn’t been discovered. So, to remember about all dead people is somehow important. 

In Poland the most important Saint is Johannes Paul II . Johannes Paul IIJohannes Paul II

I was lucky enough to meet him once (2002) and also I‘m no Catholic, I did feel, that there was a special aura.

In fact we discovered today Kraków by bike and not important if you can believe in this way, it is very easy to understand that YOU are unique and that every day a miracle can happen to you or from you!

And maybe sometimes a smile from a stranger or a sunset is already a small miracle, but for sure  Localguideconnect and Localguides are miraculous ...

CAB0D97F-1ADD-4CF0-B88A-AC2C1D46FF2D.jpeg

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Kraków, Polen
12 comments
Level 9

Re: All Saint Day in Poland

Level 8

Hello @TorM Nice Post.  Yes all saints day in Ireland too. I am a Catholic and my favourite Saints are,  Padre  Pio  and Saint Jude and Saint Francis Xavier, I pray to these when I have a problem. Saint Anthony I pray to if something is lost. Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, Saint Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland and saint George is the patron saint of England. Today I made @LucioV .the Patron Saint of Google Maps 😁  ( he does live near the Pope) Seriously though in time of need the saints are a comfort but there are also saints among us in everyday life such as people who help, the sick, the dying, the poor, refugees from war, children and the homeless. To me the definition of a saint is people who do good work helping those in need regardless of their own personal needs. Thank you for doing a post on this, it is nice to have something that I can relate to. Tomorrow we have, All Souls Day when we remember our loved ones that are no longer with us 😇😇😇

Level 10

Ahahahah @Eire27 Thanks!!! But saints are all dead, so I'm not sure I'm ready to become the saint patron of google maps 😂😂🤣😁

Former Google Contributor

Hey @TorM

Thank you for this post and especially for your words regarding Johannes Paulus II.

Beyond the religious aspect, he was a figure that I had always admired because he was human, close to people and simple. A couple of years after his death I had the chance to visit the Vatican, and his grave was standing out between the others because it was the only one without any fancy ornamental stuff.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Eire27 for telling us your Sants. 

I really hope that it will take a long time to have @LucioV under the Saint people 😉

@Sorbe, yes you are right, beside his religious impact Johannes Paul II has had a big impact on European history.

1644C243-589E-4E38-B604-4507CCE35F1E.jpeg

Level 8

Hello @TorM .I just read that Saint  Johannes Paul II ( pope john Paul) was ordained a priest on November 1st All Saints day and also he was canonised a Saint on the date of my Birthday, April 27th and also his Feast Day is October 22nd which is my Father's birth date ( my father is passed away now) and also speaking of Pope John Paul, I remember my Mother taking me to see him when he came to Ireland. ( my mother has passed away too) We went to his mass in the Phoenix park Dublin, which is the largest park in Europe, lovely memories. Pope Francis said mass there this year also. Pope John Paul was such a humble man, I will never forget when he got off the plane in at Dublin airport,  he knelt down and he kissed the ground to show his love for our country. There were many newborn babies called John Paul that year 

Connect Moderator

So @Eire27 , it seems that you are very close to Johannes Paul II in many ways. Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Next time in Dublin, I will try to find time to visit the Phoenix Park.

Level 9

Hi @TorM!

A wonderful description about  All Saints Day.

You met Johannes Paul II, interesting...

I am totally agree that we are surrended by miraculous.

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.