cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Agbalumo (African start/cherry Apple)

Recently i bought Agbalumo and I wish to share some shot to the world

IMG-20190120-WA0018.jpg

We are currently in the season where we can get abundant of this fruit in South west of Nigeria. It can also be gotten in other part of Nigeria.Sliced fruitSliced fruit

The fruit taste sweet

Oshodi-Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria
8 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Agbalumo (African start/cherry Apple)

Hi @Abdullahi_cap,

I love trying local fruits wherever I go, and the agbalumo looks like something I'd enjoy a lot. 🙂 Thank you for sharing!

Do you use it to make desserts? Or you mostly eat it raw like that?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

We've never tried anything with it other than eat it raw as the sweetness will be found in that raw consumption. The watery milky drink in it will make you ask for more. After sucking it out, we chew the inner part and turns to "chewing gum". Even the black seeds in it locally called "station" is being used as ear rings gumed to the ear when we break it at a kid stage.

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 9

Cherry Apple, it looks very tasty, hope you enjoyed it @Abdullahi_cap

Thank you for sharing with us.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Abdullahi_cap,

It looks yummy, thanks for sharing.

I can't really imagine the taste, but if it's sweet, I like it. Is it suitable for shakes or smoothies? Is January-February the best time to eat it? 

PS: I have re-labelled your post, now it appears in the Food & Drink topic section. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

It looks very sweet, @Abdullahi_cap. I'd love to try it. Are there any specific recipes related to abundant, smoothie perhaps?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Level 8

It's a pleasure @AbdullahAM. (name sake). Hoping to meet you some day, probably connect live this year🤭

Level 8

There is no specific to Agbalumo. As @MrLabule said we do take it raw