LIJOMATTATHIL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Again my point calculation is total wrong please help us !

no sir my am added photos 2,299 i have only probelm photo point calculation please check my profile

https://www.google.co.in/maps/contrib/107734938813437715979/photos/@10.2216882,75.898291,8z/data=!4m...lijo map.png

Former Google Contributor

Hi @LIJOMATTATHIL

We use a variety of information, some automated, to determine if a review/photo follows our content policies. Photos that don't follow our policies are marked "private" -  the same applies to reviews. Your photos might have been marked as private/taken down and points were not awarded if they were determined to not meet the guidelines. If you check and  revise the photos - as also @ErmesT suggested -and upload the ones that actually adhere to the guidelines, this will add points. 
Also, you can see the overall number of photos uploaded -both private and public- when you are logged in. If you check in private mode/not logged in, you will see the real number of public photos on your actual profile - in your case they are currently 1,467.  You may want to check your Google Drive/Photos too. if you remove them from our services it may affect your contributions on Google Maps, too.

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

What do you do with your photos when they are not approved?

What do you do with your (good/useful) photos when Google's algorithm (or team) doesn't approve them, so they don't appear on the business/landmark listing but only on your Google Maps gallery?

Do you remove them from your gallery on Google Maps or do you keep them anyway and why?

Re: What do you do with your photos when they are not approved?

Hi @GilMartins

I merged your post here as it contains already the answer to your request. Please search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

Level 10

Hi,

as a somewhat experienced LG I can tell that point count is not definitive at any single point...

Everyday I see dozens of posts complaining "my count does not add up, my points went up, went down..."

Think about it - are you here for the points or to contribute to general population of Gmaps users?

If You are here for the points - Play store has thousands of games where you can earn points and brag about it...

If You are here for the contribution to Community You have to acknowledge that life has its ups and downs... 

I got blocked when reporting spamous users, countless hours of my contribution did not count (many edits previous to LG program (roads, beta program, moderation of edits, etc.).

After edits my counts level for days going up and down for hundreds at a time...

And I'm still here... just level 8...

I believe that this is what LG program is about - "helping millions of people exploring world around them" as one acknowledgment says...

Level 8

thanks

i found that photos in google drive am removed 14 photos there.  when will update the Photo counts and points   in our local guide account or map account need take some time ...? or i need to re upload the photos in map ...?

Hi @LIJOMATTATHIL

For Google Drive there is no direct "share" button to Maps. So uploading the photos directly into Maps will be the best options. 

• To learn how to share, add and delete the photos in Google Maps using different platforms (computer, Android or Iphone and Ipad), please click here for further information : https://goo.gl/4QCmMA. I will suggest in your case also to check also this great article about How uploading great photos on Google Maps ;).

Thanks.

Level 8

Hi good morning . 

am  re-uploading  the images that images are gone in google drive not listing in google map what the problem how they will come ageing google drive my points is not increment  please check my account details help me

https://www.google.co.in/maps/contrib/107734938813437715979/contribute/@9.9441782,76.4613052,11z?hl=...