AaronW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Adelaide, South Australia

Hi all.  I'm from the Barossa Valley.  Great to see other South Australians here.

Martin
Level 6

Fulham Gardens myself 🙂

Level 4

South Australian, in Europe at the moment but returning at the start of June. Of no fixed address once

Level 1

Adelaidian here too! 

Level 8

I'm from Adelaide (hills) too! I'm currently overseas but will be back in December.

Anyone interested in a meetup in the new year?

Level 9

@NickMorris Hi Nick.  I'm very keen for a meet up.  Was thinking of doing one in January anyway.  Glad to see some interest.  Great places in the city to start a meetup and explore.

I've just got back from the #lgsummit17 so I'm pumped for a meet up.

Martin
Level 6

Nick/Martin, I'm certainly keen for a meet up. I'm really interested in hearing about the #lgsummit17 summit.

Level 8

Awesome, let's make it January!

Any ideas for where to go / what to do?

I see that 'food crawls' are a thing but seems like you would either need to eat a tonne of food or find a way to have only a small snack at each place.

I haven't really done any 'fact checking' before so maybe we pick an area and do some fact checking as well as sampling the wares of those businesses.

The easiest (and perhaps best for the first meetup) is to just pick a restaurant somewhere to meet for a meal then perhaps a second place to grab a drink and/or dessert.

Level 5
Level 5

Pub crawl is an Australian past time - why not do some reviews of local produce complimenting beer. There could also be the opportunity to go into some chuches and do reviews of them too, Adelaide is the city of churches according to col. Light.

Level 5
Level 5

Some churches have meals too.