Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Adding places didnt earn points to me. Though they are approved and published

Adding places didnt earn points to me. Though they are approved and published

3 comments
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Adding places didnt earn points to me. Though they are approved and published

I also feel I do not always get points for my contributions. I did some, waited for 24hrs, but no points were given.

However, it may take up to 24hrs for the points to appear after the new place has been approved. 

Level 8

Re: Adding places didnt earn points to me. Though they are approved and published

Hi @MahendraJ..

My personal knowledge is, adding photos and writing reviews will get the points at the same time..But adding places and editing places will take around 24 hrs to get points.. My request to you is to add more places in one hour today will give you that much points in tomorrow.. Hope that answers your question..

Vellore Local Guides
Former Google Contributor

Hi @MahendraJ, points do take some time to be updated. I recommend giving it some time and if you are still not awarded points, feel free to raise the issue again in this thread and tag me in your post.

P.S Tagging moderators or other community members in the "Message Tags" will not notify them that they are being tagged. If you'd want a moderator to see your post, tag him/her in the post itself, by typing "@" followed by the username. Hope this is helpful!

@IW - Hello, please share more about the contributions that you were not awarded points for. Were they reviews, photos, answering questions or edits? For a quick refresher, here's how points are being earned. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.