UlianaK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Adding kid-friendly places worldwide. We should create kid-friendly listings

Hey everyone,

I'm a mom to a newborn...well, he's already 8.5 months old by this time. I looove walking around #Rome as my baby needs to spend a lot of time outside, however, there are not so many places to chill with a kid...or just to have a nice calm walk in the city (as you won't see lots of ramps or comfortable pavements for mom with a stroller).

It would be really useful if we could enrich Google Maps with  #kid-friendly or stroller-friendly marks when checking the facts about places or just giving feedback. I would actually filter places in my quarter to find a nice spot which I could at least enter with a stroller 🙂

Guys, what about kid-friendly places in your city?

Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
7 comments
Level 9

Re: Adding kid-friendly places worldwide. We should create kid-friendly listings

Hello @UlianaK

Thank you introducing a nice topics #Kid-friendly, I think this is a nice idea and it will helps a lot for parents with kids.

Level 7

Re: Adding kid-friendly places worldwide. We should create kid-friendly listings

Thanks for your support. I guess we can soon start creating such listings...

as for me, it can really help moms and dads. Sometimes when I choose the route on google maps...I can’t follow it as sometimes there’s no way for people with strollers (no elevator or there are just stairs). 

Level 7

Hi Uliana, 

I am Pram. I also thought the same think. I am from Indonesia, a Country that treat the pedestrian poorly. However, I've been living in Netherlands for almost 2 years. The situation was so different. Every public places is supportive to parent with a baby. I can find lift in almost anywhere. The pedestrian is also quite big and I can bring my baby anywhere without any problem. Even the people is kindly helping me if I want to go down from bus or train.

and thank you, I will start using #kid-friendly to make this movement spread worldwide

Level 6

Google is surely supporting your request for a while already. They always ask if a place is good to visit with small kids, if a restaurant has a kid menu or high chairs. 

When I review parks I will add from now on if it's stroller friendly or if there is a playground. 

Level 7

Thanks!!! This is so helpful!!! 

Level 9

hi @UlianaK!

i was just thinking about putting together some sort of informal group of parents who guide. i know many guides are parents, too, but some of us really focus on how the world is once you have a stroller, toddler, children to feed, entertain and keep safe. anyway, i'm just thinking about it now, and looking for other guides who are also focusing on kid-friendly and family friendly things. what do you think?

Level 7

Hey, @SuzanneN

Yeah!!!! I was thinking about the same thing...as the world really changed once I got a baby 🙂 and so many routes or places became unreachable for mom with a stroller. 

So, we can be first two moms in that group :)))) I'm ready