tarunttt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Adding a place that was removed. Also trying to find out why it was removed.

I go to a gym called Iron cult in basavehwaranagar, bangalore. It was recently removed from google maps with all the photos and reviews. here is an embedded link from the gym website.

https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d15551.175636155034!2d77.5426143!3d12.9850295!3m...

Can someone help me understand why it was removed. The owners did not claim the listing before it was removed, but have since gone ahead and added another place on the map, but it will be great if we can get the old place back with all the reviews.

4 comments
Level 9

Re: Adding a place that was removed. Also trying to find out why it was removed.

Hello @tarunttt,

I think the link shared by you is relates to API. I'm unable to open it. Her is another place I just found on maps.

https://goo.gl/maps/CNSdpqgB3z52

As far as I know there is no way to recover removed business from maps. For further clarification you can ask GMB.

Hope this help.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Re: Adding a place that was removed. Also trying to find out why it was removed.

Well, that's the only link I could find of the old place. I don't think there is any other maps link that I have. Since this was not a claimed business I thought I'll ask here first.

The link you shared was added only yesterday since the old one was removed. If you notice there are no reviews or photos. 

Are you saying that no deleted place can be recovered irrespective of whether it was a claimed business or not? 

Level 9

@tarunttt,

Well, there is only one option to remove a business from map. Here you can find all details. A business can only be removed from map there was no such business in past. 

Yes, I removd business from can not be recovered.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Is there any way I can find out why it was removed or who removed it?