CharS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Adding a newly constructed business

I'm trying to add and review a new restaurant(s) that's been in business a few months, but the street or building are not even on Google maps yet. In fact, I talked to the owner today who said 911 came in and named their newly constructed strip mall a street name which doesn't even exist in this town. But another restaurant located right beside them in the same strip mall has a different address which does exist. And they are actually located in Lone Grove but 911 said they are Ardmore. How confusing is that for customers?! How can I correct this on the maps so I can add this new restaurant (and my review and photos)?

Ardmore, OK, USA
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Adding a newly constructed business

Hi @CharS to add new roads or blocks, you should send a feedback inside maps. Just click in the lower right link "send feedback" and choose the proper action.

Try to add as many details you can in the note field.

Connect Moderator

Hi @CharS,

The street will need to be added before you can use it for addressing, so I hope you have already submitted that request.

In addition, if you can post the exact location, we might be able to further advise you about how Google would want the city/district filled in.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

The problem is when I try to click where the street (Almond Drive) should go, it keeps clicking on the highway (Hwy 70 west) beside it instead because where the new street belongs is just a field even though a restaurant has been there for a few years. The new street doesn't actually go through to another street yet. It's just a field behind the restaurants in the front. So when you enter the new street, there's the established restaurant on the right and then a new strip mall on the left with two more new restaurants and a few small businesses. They all face Hwy 70 but 911 officials came in and named this street entrance Almond Drive and told them to start using the new address even though it's not on the map and no one can find them, not even the post office. Crazy! This is in Lone Grove, Oklahoma which is about 5 miles west of Ardmore, OK. But get this, the 911 officials said it's now Ardmore which is untrue. It's so confusing, and I'm just trying to help the new restaurant owners get their businesses on the map! Any help would be appreciated.