gdcl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Adding a new place without the right category!

Hi my name is Guillermo and I'm from Uruguay.

Today it happened to me that I wanted to add a new place and I couldn't find the right category to tag the place. It already happened to me in the past, and now that I joined Local Guides Connect I wanted to hear what others would do in my place.

This place was an old canon used in the independence war almost 200 years ago, I thought in putting the category "monument" but it didn't appear so I ended up putting it in "Statue" because I couldn't find other.

Any solutions for this? Other category more adecuate? or how to add a new category for places?

Thanks!

Colonia, Uruguay
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Adding a new place without the right category!

Hi @gdcl,

I advise you to try with "touristic attractive" it's the best solution .

To do it check this Link.

I hope you are satisfied.

Keep contributing

See you around 

Level 10

Hi @gdcl

Please move your post to the Feedback and Feature Requests board. I also recommend you to share feedback on Google Maps directly in the app or on desktop.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 3

Guillermo,

The "tourist attraction" suggestion sounds helpful, also you might want to check you spelling when you make tags.  The large weapon I believe you are referring to is a cannon.

Level 8

Hi @Rezgar thanks for the answer.

Don't know how to move the post to that board, I'm new in Local Guides Connect. I appreciate some guidance.

Level 10

Warm welcome to local guide connect @gdcl.

You should delete this post and rewrite in another board. We can not move posts. Google Moderators and Connect Moderators can move this post.

Hi @ErmesT , @NadyaPN  @KlaudiyaG please help@gdcl

Former Google Contributor

Hey @gdcl,

Thanks for reaching out to our community. I think that Tourist attraction is a valid suggestion. I believe Historical landmark would fit as a category too.

Hope this helps!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!