DesikanJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Adding a missing place with all proper details gets "Not Applied" immediately!!

I have been repeatedly trying to add a missing place, with all the details applicable. Despite numerous attempts the ATM I want to add gets to "Not Applied" status. Why is this happening ?? I have tried multiple times and am quite frustrated with this behaviour, getting the same status immediately!! Does anyone know why this happens and what can we do to rectify this?

6 comments
Level 8

Re: Adding a missing place with all proper details gets "Not Applied" immediately!!

It is not at all encouraging, it is what is frustrating is to see incorrect information on the map when the correct information is not rejected.

Screenshot_2019-01-21-18-46-11.png

Rejection is very frequent on my side with more than 15 places.

Samaila Alio
Level 9

Re: Adding a missing place with all proper details gets "Not Applied" immediately!!

I can understand this pain. Recently I had issues in Ola cab booikng as the map pointers were wrongly placed causing delay in getting to an important event. When you see so many wrong information you feel iritated and when you want to add a correct information, you are not approved! I wonder why these issues are not addressed yet.? 

Connect Moderator

I am not surprised that your edit of an ATM was denied @DesikanJ

after several recent attack of "bank related" POI, I suspect that this kind of edits are now more restrictive, probably reserved to Banks only, through their MyBusiness (https://www.google.com/business/.) account.

There are several reasons, for not approve an edit @SamailaA, I understand your frustration, when you are in front of the business and your edit is refused, but I can also understand that, if the information cannot be verified, will probably "not Applied". For more information: Why is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”?

Level 9

@ErmesT Thanks for updating on the ATM addition to Maps. I remember similar control was applied on public transport like bus stops. This makes sense. Having said that, still we are getting "Not Applied" immediately in other cases too, which feels like we are not entitled to make additions though we are sure the information is accurate. 

Level 8

Which is very frustrated, is the immediate reject of modifications without moving in front of places added

Samaila Alio
Anonymous
Not applicable

cr.