Hagenbuch's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Adding Google Local Guides Badge to LinkedIn

If you are dedicated Google Local Guide who is looking to showcase your expertise and talents on LinkedIn, this simple tutorial will show you how to add a badge that links to your contributor profile, right from your list of certifications.

2018-11-05 23_44_27-Window.png

In the Accomplishments section, click the + sign

In the drop-down, click on Certification

2018-11-05 23_44_49-Window.png

Populate the following required fields:

Certification name: Google Local Guides - Level (1-10)

Certification Authority: Google Local Guides (start typing, it will auto-complete)

Certification URL: Your Google Maps ‘contributor’ URL

Then click Save

Tip: Though not required, input a start date and then check the box for This certification does not expire, and it will place your credential at the top of the list if it is newer than other certifications.

2018-11-05 23_45_13-Window.png

...and that it! Hope everybody finds this useful, but please do feel free to reach out if you find yourself in need of assistance.

Slay'all!

-Aaron

29 comments
Level 6

Re: Adding Google Local Guides Badge to LinkedIn

Thank for sharing  🙂

Bappy
Level 10

Interesting.

Never thinked about adding a certificate, I'm only adding LG activity in the Volunteer area of the profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lvirzi/

Level 9

Thanks for sharing, does anyone know how to check the start date and year of when you started contributing on Google map, I can not remember my date, can anyone help?

Thank you.

Level 10

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane you can try search in your mailbox for something like "welcome to local guides"

I don't have one, because I've joined a lot of years ago.

Level 10

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane, a quick way to find the date of your first contribution would be through the All time date range your Google Maps Timeline.

Select any date range under the timeline to enable All Time to be selected under the Year drop-down

2018-11-06 09_54_57-Timeline.png

The bar graph should show you when you made your first contribution to Google Local Guides

2018-11-06 09_55_46-Timeline.png

Good luck!

Connect Moderator

@Raphael-Mahumane I can't think of an easy way to do that. I've already contributed to Maps even before the Local Guides program has already existed, so can't rely on any welcoming email. I do remember starting contributing on Maps for writing a review though, so if I dug enough, I can probably find my oldest review and established that as my starting date. But honestly, I can't really be bothered finding out the exact date.

However, in this case, I say not to worry too much about it. If you can remember roughly when you started being active contributing on Maps, I think that's good enough to be your starting date.

Connect Moderator

@Hagenbuch Thanks for pointing out the Timeline feature on Maps. However, it may still be a bit tricky to find out exactly the first contribution on Maps. When I looked at my record, it goes all the way back to 2012, but it's only showing my location history and travel records. I also found out some photos I took from my phone when location history was enabled (thus, recorded), but I never uploaded it into Maps. Also, it doesn't seem to track reviews / Maps edits as well.

timeline.PNG

Level 10

Ah, excellent point @iyudhi. Thanks for pointing that out!

Lucky for me, I purchased my first smartphone just last year so it was relatively easy to pinpoint. My first Google Local Guide & Maps contribution happened to be the same day, but as you mentioned, these can be two very different dates. 

Level 9

hey thanks, its useful

Chand basha mcb