cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Add your photos to the maps problem !

Hello local guides 

We will see this recommendation if activate this option 

( Add your photos to the maps )Screenshot_2018-12-17-10-35-34-991_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

This is normal and good ,but my point 

Is that I already added this photos to the maps so the photos will be duplicated ?

That happened to considerable number of local guides .

So my question is this normal or it's an error and should be fixed .

Secondary is this is the wright section to post this issue or I should post it as an idea .

Thanks for your time.

Best regards.

Cairo Governorate, Egypt
29 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Add your photos to maps

Hi @NABILazeez,

Thanks for reaching us.

Regarding your inquiry, would you mind elaborate a bit more on the issue?

From what I have deducted, in case you would upload a photo to Google Maps, there is a highly possibility of another Local Guide to have an identical photo to be uploaded, correct?

Please do not hesitate to correct my thoughts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @NABILazeez

I agree, Google Maps, with the appropriate setting, will suggest you to add in Maps photos that are stored in Google Photos. ( @sonnyNg)

Normally, as the photo is the same, this kind of situation should not happens but, if the photo is loaded (or saved through a backup) with a different file name, this is very possible. I see from your screenshot that this happens also with your 360° panoramas. Am I correct?

This is an interesting question, thank you for rising it up.

A feedback will help a lot of LGs to avoid unwanted duplicate upload

Level 10

@sonnyNg

@ErmesT

Thanks for your attention to my question 

Yes our marvelous moderator @ErmesT

Explained my point clearly and he answered your question correctly

Normally, as the photo is the same, this kind of situation should not happens but, if the photo is loaded (or saved through a backup) with a different file name, this is very possible. I see from your screenshot that this happens also with your 360° panoramas. Am I correct? )

yes you are correct .

( This is an interesting question, thank you for rising it up.

A feedback will help a lot of LGs to avoid unwanted duplicate upload )

yes I hope that you search for this issue and find a correction 

@sonnyNg 

Waiting for your comments and suggestions thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Best regards

Thank you for clarifying @ermest , @NABILazeez.

In any case, we may need to check further, as well as to seek for more similar cases from other users.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Gracias @NABILazeez  por traer este tema .

@sonnyNg

Hola

Permítame hablar en mi idioma, considerando la existencia y uso del traductor aquí, gracias por ello.

Yo seria otro caso de duplicados de fotos en maps. Hace casi 2 años me paso lo mismo. Borre fotos con hasta 5 cifras de visitas.

Desde ese entonces reviso mi cuenta- fotos una o dos veces al mes, así de forma tan  estricta cuido mi cuenta.. No  se habïan duplicado o quintuplicado hasta hace 12 horas atrás.

Una sola foto llego a repetirse hasta 14 veces consecutivas. Pero no fue la única, fueron varias mas.

Aclaro que no publico mis fotos de maps, elimine la sincronización de fotos. 

No se que mas hacer, pues no se si llego a revisar la totalidad de las fotos. Las reviso hasta que mi teléfono y mi computadora me lo permiten.

Supongo que tenían pocos días de duplicadas ya que sus visitas eran de una o dos cifras. Y son fotos anteriores al verano del 2018 y algunas muy viejas en el tiempo.

Agradezco su atención y espero poder entender que es lo que sucede. 

Seguiré revisando mi cuenta de  fotos con más frecuencia aún. Pero necesito ayuda, no se si puedo verlas a todas.. 

Muchas gracias.

@ErmesT @NABILazeez tengan ustedes también mis saludos cordiales.

LuaPL

Hi @LuaPL,

Thanks for reaching us on that regard.

It is really handy for the detailed explanation on the issue.

We will continue to check further as following up to that.

Thank you!
Level 8

@sonnyNg Hola

Hoy revise mis fotos en contribuciones de mi cuenta de maps. La cantidad total ha permanecido igual desde la ultima vez que escribi aqui.

Sin embargo he revisado una por una las fotos y he vuelto a borrar duplicados. Esta vez las duplicadas son fotos distintas a las anteriores y una sola vez. 

En forma automática mi número de fotos totales descendió acorde con las que borre ahora.

Para mi borrar que las fotos que yo veo duplicadas pero donde su número total permanece igual es muy delicado.

No se si deba decir esto, pero tenia 1231 fotos que fueron vistas por más personas que la cantidad  de la población total de mi país. Mis visitas de fotos son de millones de veces. Lo digo para reflejar lo importante que es para mi borrar una foto duplicada, cuando no fue aumentada la cantidad total de fotos y sin entender aun que esta sucediendo o como debo yo proceder. Tengo dos respaldos externos de mis fotos de maps con un año de diferencia en el tiempo si eso ayuda al caso.

Necesito ayuda para tener mi cuenta en orden.

Desde ya muchas gracias.

Saludos cordiales.

LuaPL

Hi @LuaPL,

Thank you for the update!

It would be more convenient to understanding, if you would provide screenshot from what you have explained.

Would you please explain a bit more, where you have mentioned that the total number of the photos would stay the same?

Thank you!
Level 8

@sonnyNg

Hola.

Cuando digo que el número de fotos permanece igual yo me refiero a que entrando a mis contribuciones de fotos veo por ejemplo 1231 fotos.

Con esto considero que no hay duplicados. Pero NO es así.

Al revisar una por una  las fotos de mis contribuciones SI hay duplicados que no alteran el número 1231.

Si usted necesita más información se las enviare.

Saludos cordiales y gracias.

LuaPL