TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Will I get the free storage space if I will get to level 5?

i dont see. can you send a screenshot

Level 7

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

nothing is there, and even I did not receive an email confirming the benefits other 

Saeed Kabrah
Level 2

demn

Level 7

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending - Rant

@RHattan503 wrote:

I don't feel like repeating myself here. Here is a link to my rant on this subject.

https://plus.google.com/+RobertH3/posts/Fi3sWy9NJSt

TLDR: I have been waiting patiently for my 1TB drive for several months after hitting level 4. You can already guess the issue: I never saw the one magic email buried among the hundreds of junk that would have let me redeem it (and Google conveniently didn't consider it important in Inbox).  Even more, it's impossible to get now. End result? I am angry because I feel tricked and used.

I am going to go on a possibly long walk now.

May you all flourish, and help others do the same.

One of the features of Gmail that I find particularly useful is the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff using labels and filters.

For example I attach a label to all emails that Matches: from:(Google Local Guides). That label is displayed as a subset of Inbox and shows the number of unread emails that matches the filter, clicking the label displays only the messages that match the filter. In Android you can have an Inbox widget that shows only those emails that match a label. On my home screen I have several of these widgets to create separate Inboxes for emails from separate 'important' senders; emails that contain key words; etc. etc.

Matching from:(Google Local Guides) is not the same as matching notifications from this forum and is low volume but did highlight the "Congratulations, you're now a Level 4 Local Guide... Redeem your Google Drive storage" email.

(I have also got a label that matches notifications from this forum)

Level 9

Real shame. I think it's the main big draw in for people joining and contributeing. 

Sad times. 

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Level 8

Hi. I missed redeeming the 100MB additional Google Drive storage as I was travelling. Could you pls help me activate the free Google Drive storage? I feel bad that I'm not able to enjoy the benefits of my being a level 4 member

@TraciC wrote:

lg_drive_banner.png

Today we announced via email that the Google Drive promotion is ending, but Local Guides who reach Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST can still unlock 100GB of free storage.

With two weeks to go, there’s still time for you to make high-quality contributions to Google Maps about places you’ve visited recently. Remember, you can earn points in five different ways. If photos and reviews are your preference, be sure to check out these tips for writing great reviews and uploading great photos.

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

Below are answers to some questions we think you may have about this change.

I didn’t receive that email.

To manage your email preferences, visit the Local Guides settings page. It may take up to 7 days for your email preferences to be implemented.

Why did you change this promotion?

As our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home (either at the top of the page or under the Level 4 benefits) it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

I have another question.

Check out this part of our Help Center for more information on Drive storage.

For more information about the Local Guides program, check out the Help Center and if you can’t find an answer, ask it here in Connect under the appropriate forum.

@TraciC wrote:

lg_drive_banner.png

Today we announced via email that the Google Drive promotion is ending, but Local Guides who reach Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST can still unlock 100GB of free storage.

With two weeks to go, there’s still time for you to make high-quality contributions to Google Maps about places you’ve visited recently. Remember, you can earn points in five different ways. If photos and reviews are your preference, be sure to check out these tips for writing great reviews and uploading great photos.

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

Below are answers to some questions we think you may have about this change.

I didn’t receive that email.

To manage your email preferences, visit the Local Guides settings page. It may take up to 7 days for your email preferences to be implemented.

Why did you change this promotion?

As our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home (either at the top of the page or under the Level 4 benefits) it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

I have another question.

Check out this part of our Help Center for more information on Drive storage.

For more information about the Local Guides program, check out the Help Center and if you can’t find an answer, ask it here in Connect under the appropriate forum.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Dashki, we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code once it has expired.

Level 9

I`m interested to know what are those new thing are coming instead of drive storage extention. And are that things can also gained by those local guides who got the storage extention?

Level 7

Acknowledgement of receiving 100GB Google Drive Storage.

hello guys !!!!!  this is my first discussions in Google connect. Google give me 100GB  Google Drive Storage for reaching local guide lavel 4. thank you Google it's an honour for me. thank you !!!!!!!!!

Connect Moderator

Re: Acknowledgement of receiving 100GB Google Drive Storage.

@BayzidA HI

Welcome to Local Guides Connect Forum and Thanks for your Posting on Connect....

Congratulation !! to become a Level 4  Lg ...

If u are a new to this Forum introduce yourself in this thread Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Read this board to know this forum usage Using this Forum