FenilD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

About level 6 benifit

i am at level 6 with 2017 points...i m trying to see benefits for levels but i can not find...before it after 4 or 5 level there is benefits of google drive storage but now i can not see benefits of levels..so let me know about benefits for different levels

thank you

49 comments
Level 7

Re: About level 6 benifit

@FenilD. After the new level announcement, their are no level specific benefits. If you are above level 4 you have the benefits mentioned here. 

Level 9

@FenilD I would suggest you keep pushing yourself and continue to increase in your levels.  I'm sure it will be a little while until Google is able to catch up with the new levels by introducing new benefits.

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 7

No benefits! I'm at level 6 and the new system is just waste of time I feel. The old system had something very useful like Google calling all top level contributors to the US for seminars and all! 

The new system removed everything and just it fools people by giving away 'early access to certain features' (what do I do with early access? It'll come to me as a non-contributor anyway!) and new designs of stars (LOL calling this as 'benefit'). 

Google is fed up now it seems. However, I may still continue doing it because I love it. But yes, there is NO motivation NO wages NO promotions from Google. 

@FenilD wrote:

i am at level 6 with 2017 points...i m trying to see benefits for levels but i can not find...before it after 4 or 5 level there is benefits of google drive storage but now i can not see benefits of levels..so let me know about benefits for different levels

thank you

Level 6

I m at level 6 with 4100 point I got OYO room discount coupon...Keep contributing

@Maulik wrote:

No benefits! I'm at level 6 and the new system is just waste of time I feel. The old system had something very useful like Google calling all top level contributors to the US for seminars and all! 

The new system removed everything and just it fools people by giving away 'early access to certain features' (what do I do with early access? It'll come to me as a non-contributor anyway!) and new designs of stars (LOL calling this as 'benefit'). 

Google is fed up now it seems. However, I may still continue doing it because I love it. But yes, there is NO motivation NO wages NO promotions from Google. 

@FenilD wrote:

thank you

Level 7

But for that you need to buy something right? In that case a room. Perks are something that you get for free without spending even a penny. 

Discounts are everywhere. You don't need Google for that!

@YashuChandra wrote:

I m at level 6 with 4100 point I got OYO room discount coupon...Keep contributing

@Maulik wrote:

@FenilD wrote:

thank you

Connect Moderator

Hi @Maulik I'm sorry you feel that way. Not everyone on the old Level 5 could go to the Summit. The Summit is about your application, your consistent contributions to Maps, moderating a local community (or here) and contributing to Local Guides Connect. 

I'm glad you are going to continue and I encourage you to do that. The best reason for being a Local Guide is not perks, it's helping other people by contributing to maps in the same way they contributed to help you.

Regards

Paul

Level 6

Google LIED TO US. You dangle a carrot of an incentive that you never planned to give me. I contributed my personal expert professional photography and writing and when I reached the level requirements I WAS UNABLE TO GET THE BENEFIT.

LIES. LIARS. BAIT AND SWITCH! So no evil, REMEMBER????

I am DONE. I NOW WILL CRUSADE AGAINST GOOGLE. TAKE DOWN MY CONTENT AND SLAM YOU PUBLICLY.

Connect Moderator

@StuBot wrote:

Google LIED TO US. You dangle a carrot of an incentive that you never planned to give me. I contributed my personal expert professional photography and writing and when I reached the level requirements I WAS UNABLE TO GET THE BENEFIT.

LIES. LIARS. BAIT AND SWITCH! So no evil, REMEMBER????

I am DONE. I NOW WILL CRUSADE AGAINST GOOGLE. TAKE DOWN MY CONTENT AND SLAM YOU PUBLICLY.

Hi @StuBot the various perks apply to different people in different regions and change all the time. All of the perks have disclaimers that talk about some not applying in some areas. You're obviously a bit upset but to be honest, Local Guides isn't about perks. They are not payment for a service, they are a reward along the journey. The real reason to be a Local Guide is helping other people in the same way their reviews and ratings help you. If you choose to leave the program that is your prerogative, only you can make that choice. 

Regards

Paul

Level 5

I was curious about about the perks so I start searching I am lv 5 about to be 6 with 100 more points lol. Look Google gives perks but there is no need to get upset about it. I had a friend who deleted photos before Google approved the he got mad and quiet being a guide because he went down 80 point look it is easy to get points post a bunch of pics answer some questions and bam your praticly rank 5 so don't give up