ashokdelu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: About level 6 benefit

When I started with Localguides I knew from the very beginning that this was to be Volunteer work and I consider it still to be an honour to work for google maps!

I am so proud to be able to " contribute" towards Googles attempt to improve the "real"

maps that people count on to get to their destinations!

Of course I would have appreciated some $ help because I am paying 25$ a month so that I can continue volunteering. I need help with "memory" enough to continue mapping, but I joined to help, to volunteer, and to do my very best whenever I can work, giving my time for free. I thank google maps for giving me the chance to improve google maps for the future. Volunteer!

ChristineBrandon
Level 6

I think google will try to not pay it's users as long as possible until they lose control(if ever?) Bing already pays like $200+ a year for 5 mins of work a day.
Level 7

Re: About level 6 benifit

Hi,

Is the Local Guide programme really worth. I haven't received a single perk even though I have cleared level 6. Also, the count for photo views is not getting updated at all even when I can see that the photos uploaded by me are regularly getting viewed.

Level 6

The perks now are absolutely pointless. BUS TOURS and other crap of no substance. 

You're absolutely giving your time to Google content that just makes their platform more profitable for them

I deleted my content. 

Google Moderator

Hi @sandeepmaheshwari and @workfornothing,

The biggest benefit from the Local Guide program is the appreciation of your community and people from all over the world. Your meaningful contributions help others get around your area more easily and make informed decisions before visiting places there.

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features and rewards from Google partners and these awards are available worldwide or by region. Local Guides who have opted in to receive benefit emails will be updated with any new rewards and we encourage you to check your email settings and update/monitor your email preferences as well as your spam or promotions folder.

You can learn more about points, levels and rewards in the Points, levels, and badging article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Meaningful is payment with services. You won't fool people with your vague list of nonsense "rewards" .

I opted in and never received ANY emails over the period of two years giving me access to single benefit. 

No early access to anything was offered. 

The only google partnered offer I saw was some stupid bus tour in new Zealand  

Don't be fooled. There is no payment for your hard work...payment that was offered and taken away. 

Get out of here with this charity nonsense. I put in WORK and you guys killed the benefits. Plain and simple. 

Level 6

Spoiler

I m Level 6 and crossed 2K points ..What Benefits I can get from Google on Level 6??

Level 6

I am at level 6 but i didn't receive any gifts from google

I had nearly wasted my precious time adding places,streets,address,& edits in map but i didn't receive any gift my friend is in level 4 he got gift twice what the hell is this?

@ppsmrt