Pankajsah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

About approving places

Actually I am unable to add joining roads but it is easier to add shop,school and lab.Can I know how to choose category.It is easier if translated in Nepali.And I have added more than 15 missing places in Google map but only one is approved.Who does approves I want to know.Why mine work is on pending.They are important places and are in remote,village area.Is that the reason not to approve

id="224847i4CE38329FBA4CFBA"
size="small" resized="true" sourcetype="new">

Dainiya, Eastern Region, Nepal
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Detail note

Hello @Pankajsah, A winter welcome in Local Guides Connect. Thank you posting your query. The world is a big and dynamic place — as it evolves, our goal is to keep the information on Google Maps as fresh and accurate as possibl

In order to do that, Local Guides submit edits to ensure their communities are accurately represented. Sometimes, an edit you have submitted may appear as Pending or Not Applied.

Many of you have asked why your edit is shown that way, so we wanted to share more information with you how edits are reviewed and why they may appear as such.

Every edit submitted to Google Maps passes through automated systems that analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the edit, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything we are adding to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines.

If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied. If your edit status is listed as Pending, it means we need to take a closer look at the information, which can take some time to verify through our staff and other Local Guides through "Check the Facts".

Don’t take it personally.

If your edit is denied, this doesn’t mean you are a bad mapper (unless you are trying to spam the map!) — we may not be familiar with the region you are mapping and need more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit.

Thank you for helping to keep Google Maps fresh and accurate for the millions of people who rely on your information when they’re exploring the world.

Thanks for being with Local Guides. if you have any question about Local Guides or Google Map, feel free to ask here.

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Reagrds,

- Al Naiem

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hello @Pankajsah, A winter welcome in Local Guides Connect. Thank you posting your query. The world is a big and dynamic place — as it evolves, our goal is to keep the information on Google Maps as fresh and accurate as possibl

In order to do that, Local Guides submit edits to ensure their communities are accurately represented. Sometimes, an edit you have submitted may appear as Pending or Not Applied.

Many of you have asked why your edit is shown that way, so we wanted to share more information with you how edits are reviewed and why they may appear as such.

Every edit submitted to Google Maps passes through automated systems that analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the edit, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything we are adding to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines.

If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied. If your edit status is listed as Pending, it means we need to take a closer look at the information, which can take some time to verify through our staff and other Local Guides through "Check the Facts".

Don’t take it personally.

If your edit is denied, this doesn’t mean you are a bad mapper (unless you are trying to spam the map!) — we may not be familiar with the region you are mapping and need more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit.

Thank you for helping to keep Google Maps fresh and accurate for the millions of people who rely on your information when they’re exploring the world.

Thanks for being with Local Guides. if you have any question about Local Guides or Google Map, feel free to ask here.

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Reagrds,

- Al Naiem

Level 9

@Pankajsah No one edit is usually approved. It is sort of like crowdsourcing.  The system needs a certain amount of data to decide to show the changes. The operative word in your post is remote. There just are not that many people to verify the changes you make so it will take time for them to go live. I suggest you add pictures as much as you can to document the changes.  When you make a suggested change others that visit a location will get questions showing up for them.  If  X number agree with your post then it is more likely to go live. I have made changes that go live instantly and some obvious ones never make it?  The more edits you do that get accepted the higher your profiles trust factor is and the better your edits will do.