akshaya_bhat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

About Wheelchair-accessibility

How we determine the place having wheelchair accessible, some place are flat in that both normal as well as wheelchair persons can park right?

Is there any seperate indication?

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 6
Solution

Re: About Wheelchair-accessibility

In some places, there are reserved parking lots for people with physical disabilities. Additionally, other places have wheelchairs at the entrances that can be used by the guests. I hope this works

View solution in original post

Level 6
Solution

In some places, there are reserved parking lots for people with physical disabilities. Additionally, other places have wheelchairs at the entrances that can be used by the guests. I hope this works

Level 5

In some Indian cities we can't find that parking lot

Level 6

Have you seen such a sign in your parking garages. I have never been to India before but in my country, Kenya, some places have these signs and some hotels have the wheelchairs. However, I believe the developed countries have them Parking Garage with a wheelchair signParking Garage with a wheelchair sign

Level 9

@akshaya_bhatIts really confusing that Google asking for a specific standard for wheel chair access or not ?

There are too many places where wheel char accessible entrance exist but not intentionally designed for them. As well the same happen for parking lot. Do not contain any special signboard for wheelchair accessibility.

Waiting to hear from Google.

Thanks in advance

Level 8

Rif.: About Wheelchair-accessibility

Hi @akshaya_bhat @RonneBD @Alloycemyn

read this post on local guides to solve your problem
link

SAL_B Italy
Level 3

This post is a year old but still a relevant question. I found this guide to posting accessibility reviews which may be helpful.  

How to answer a wheelchair question 

http://www.gstatic.com/local/guides/other/accessibility/accessibility_en-US.pdf

Photographs also help to tell the accessibility story. Here is a guide I found on how to take them. 

Accessibility photos

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/What-to-look-for-when-taking-accessibility-...

Also, I would like to work with with people internationaly who collect and share accessibility tips. Together we make the world more accessible for everyone. Do you have a link to an accessibility solution/guide that you can share? 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @BytownBelle,

You can take a look at Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October topic. Local Guides are trying to map places accessible for or you can organize an accessibility meet-up yourself on Connect.

Once your meet-up is approved, it will automatically appear as a post in the Meet-ups topic section for Local Guides to participate. To learn more, check this How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up topic.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!