MohitPatni's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

About Local Guide Gift

Hello Everyone

I am Mohit Patni (Level 7) . I lives in Indore , India. I want to know that why I did not recieved the Special Edition Google Local Guide Socks because peoples who have less contribution then me is also get this gift.

I also attend Google Local Guide Meetup organized by Google.

Thanks

Mohit
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: About Local Guide Gift

@MohitPatni Local Guides is a voluntary program with no financial reward. However, once a while, there could be small perks provided to help motivate contributors. Sometimes perks could be announced in LG Connect, so stay active here. And sometimes announced through email.

To set/check email notification for perks, contributions, product updates etc, head to https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

It would seem like a few of the recent perks including this LG designed socks are selectively given to Local Guides in selected countries only. I would say that contribution points or levels are not the only measure of a contribution of a Local Guide, and if a lower level Local Guide receive a perk, there's no guarantee that a higher Level contributor will receive it. Selected process is done by Google. 

Do continue to contribute as we have done prior, because our collective contribution to Maps provides us with a very useful platform that benefits all users/contributors in return, that in my opinion is the best perk in the LG program.

If we don't receive a perk/gift this time, hopefully, we could receive one the next time, although there is no guarantee. If you wish, you could also suggest what you would like to see as a perk in the future in Idea Exchange.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Re: About Local Guide Gift

@MohitPatni Local Guides is a voluntary program with no financial reward. However, once a while, there could be small perks provided to help motivate contributors. Sometimes perks could be announced in LG Connect, so stay active here. And sometimes announced through email.

To set/check email notification for perks, contributions, product updates etc, head to https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

It would seem like a few of the recent perks including this LG designed socks are selectively given to Local Guides in selected countries only. I would say that contribution points or levels are not the only measure of a contribution of a Local Guide, and if a lower level Local Guide receive a perk, there's no guarantee that a higher Level contributor will receive it. Selected process is done by Google. 

Do continue to contribute as we have done prior, because our collective contribution to Maps provides us with a very useful platform that benefits all users/contributors in return, that in my opinion is the best perk in the LG program.

If we don't receive a perk/gift this time, hopefully, we could receive one the next time, although there is no guarantee. If you wish, you could also suggest what you would like to see as a perk in the future in Idea Exchange.