Chandpur Govt. College is one of the renowned colleges of Bangladesh. The college is a symbol of pride for the inhabitants of Chandpur. Hussain shaheed suhrawardy , Prime Minister of undivided Bengal , laid the foundation of the college on 15th June 1946. World War II acted as the catalyst behind the establishment of the college. The British Government had transferred the Intermediate section of Comilla Victoria College at Hasan Ali Govt. High School of Chandpur for the cause of safety as the combined / allied forces were being annihilated by the attack of Japanese during the end of World War II ( 1939 – 1945) . When the section of the Victoria College had been withdrawn in 1946 after the end of the war , the local elites and educationists took an unanimous decision to set up a college permanently at Chandpur. It was decided to start the function of the college at the left out army camp of the Aziz Ahmed Maidan . According to the decision , the college started its glorious journey with eminent educationists Mr. Paresh Chandra Ganguli at the chair of the Principal. With the inception of the college activities , the initiative of setting up of its own building was taken . Different social elites , educationists , benevolent , and organizations came forward spontaneously with the donation of money and land.