StevenVacher's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

AHHHH !!! What's gone wrong ????

This afternoon I was a level 3 (nearly 4), with 243 photos on Streetview (image 1)Image 1... 243 imagesImage 1... 243 images

Now (couple of hours later) on my iPhone app it's showing 76 photos (image 2) Image 2... 76 imagesImage 2... 76 images

On the desktop app it's showing 82 photos (image 3) down to level 2 with only 26 points Image 3... 82 imagesImage 3... 82 images

Have i lost the photos and my Local Guide points?

Have i lost my photos?

Has Google Local Guides gone buggy / faulty?

Am i missing something?

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

Steven

11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: AHHHH !!! What's gone wrong ????

@StevenVacher

I've done some digging but I'm not sure what the issue is unless you deleted directly the folder with panoramas.

It looks like you have the images so you could import them again but let us investigate deeper and try to find a quicker solution.

We'll be in touch privately to give you and update.

Deb

View solution in original post

Level 8

Bump...

Anyone got any glue on what is going on here ???

Level 8

Any chance that maybe @Corrie, @TraciC, @BellaWi or @GusMoreira would be able to look at this and assist???

Please help, i've put loads of time and travel in adding these photos only to have them disappear with no warning or idea where they have gone 😞

Thanks

Steven

Level 3

Have you deleted the photos from your device?

Level 8

Hi @parthg i use an iPhone and only upload through the Streetview app.

As it happens the pictures are still on my iPhone and also still on my Google drive.

Level 9
Level 9

Looking at one of your spheres on this listing https://goo.gl/maps/7f5RDGfqbZ72  shows a no entry indicating it's missing. My guess is you've deleted your photos from one device and not realised you were deleting them entirely from Google and thus from Maps

Depending if/when you did this you may find them in your Drive trash https://drive.google.com/drive/trash

Level 8

Hi @Pea i haven't deleted any pictures. This is what's in my trash trashtrash just an drawing deleted last September.

He is an album I've just made from my Google Photos within Drive Album Link it has all of the my 360º photos in it...

Googler
Solution

@StevenVacher

I've done some digging but I'm not sure what the issue is unless you deleted directly the folder with panoramas.

It looks like you have the images so you could import them again but let us investigate deeper and try to find a quicker solution.

We'll be in touch privately to give you and update.

Deb

Level 8

Hi @DeboS thanks for getting back to me, I am currently reuploading the images.

Thankfully i can import them into the app straight from my Google Photos... Really weird that they are there but not on Streetview 😞

The tricky bit is remember where some of them were taken but most are on my iPhone so I can get the GPS location data from there 🙂

Googler

@StevenVacher thanks for letting me know you're doing that so it doesn't confuse the triaging of your issue.

If it helps (in case you don't already know this) you can select multiple photos in the Street View app and then associate them in one go to a maps listing. That may save you a little time.

Deb