KingNamoonga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A trip to Chongwe waterfalls

The picture below is the chongwe waterfalls in chiawa of lower zambezi in Lusaka province of Zambia. The falls is flowing and full in the rain season. Currently it's dry as we are in the dry season.

IMG-20211024-WA0232.jpg

The inside of the falls is amazing. I was too afraid to go in too deep. Like I stated earlier. It's a national park and you can find anything including snakes. 

Screenshot_20211122-181212_Instagram.jpg

The entrance to the falls has a buffalo skull that was probably remains of a lions feast.  The falls is located in the national park so there are alot of wild animals and usually elephants. Rules to follow while within the falls area are on the green sign post 

IMG-20211024-WA0078.jpg

How to get here:

The falls is located in the lower zambezi, which is in Lusaka province in the heart of Africa in my beautiful country zambia. 
The ways to get there include:

Screenshot_20211122-181054_Instagram.jpg

1. I got there by self drive to nsofu lodge which is located 18km away from chirundu Town. Chirundu is 2 hour drive from Lusaka , the capital of Zambia. The road is tarmac up until you get to Chirundu then you get into gravel road.  To get to chongwe waterfalls it's best to use a 4by4 car . The falls is a 2 hour drive on gravel from nsofu lodge. 
If you intend to visit only the falls it's best to get a lodge inside the lower zambezi national park.  Though my drive to the falls was fun, I got to see alot of antelope, a hippo( on land, I had no idea they get onto land) and lots of elephants as well as huge baobab trees.

Screenshot_20211122-183632_Instagram.jpg

Another lodge close to chirundu that can take you there is gwabi River Lodge but the trip starts at 05:00am. Its the best time cause you can catch the wild animals as they go in search for water. Though  sporting animals is not guaranteed. You can drive upto the falls yourself, but its best with a guide cause they know the national park well and will track down animals. I was guided by mashallah pleasure resort game drive shown below.

Screenshot_20211122-182903_Instagram.jpg

2.Another way is plane charter with Royal Air to lower zambezi national park. They have daily flights. You can Camp or stay at one of the lodges and have them drive to the chongwe waterfalls during a game drive of the national park.  A few lodges are time&tide chongwe, Royal zambezi, lower zambezi to name a few.

The image below is a view from the pool of nsofu lodge. It sits at the confluence of the zambezi and the kafue rivers. For my next trip I ll reside at a lodge in the lower zambezi national park due to the proximity to wildlife. Lookout for a 2.0 experience.

Screenshot_20211122-184428_Instagram.jpg

Chirundu, Zambia
4 comments
Level 10

Ynt: Chongwe waterfalls

hello, thanks for the nice sharing. can you give us some more details? for example location transportation☺️👍🏻 @KingNamoonga 

Level 8

Ynt: Chongwe waterfalls

Ok.

Let me update the article.

Level 10

Re: Chongwe waterfalls

@KingNamoonga próximo reto ver las cascadas con agua 💥🚀🎯😂

https://gasmountain.com/blog/
FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE MAPS
https://goo.gl/maps/nTobaEosxkmA1cvq8
Level 8

Re: Chongwe waterfalls