KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

A traditional dish from Pakistan : Balochi Tikka

I can make this Fish Balochi Tikka at my homeI can make this Fish Balochi Tikka at my home

Hi LGs, today I want to share a recap of sudden Meetup and a awesome experience of a traditional pakistani dish Balochi Tikka .
If you want to experience original one , you have to travel on Karachi to Hyderabad highway, there are lot of restaurants who are expert in Balochi Tikka. We were group of 5 who travel for that antique spicy taste there. We bring about two kgs fish with us, because usually they don't have fish but chicken or mutton. You can see in video the preparation, than topping of spices , green chillies, ginger, garlic, lemon  and coriandar . And you can try this at home as I done several times.  Because recipe is very easy .

Ingredients,

Chicken  700-750 g

Oil  1 cup

Garlic    150 g ( almost 3 whole )

Ginger  3 inch piece

Green chilies whole   150 g  (almost  7-8 big)

Green chilies chopped  3 tbsp

Lemon juice   4-5 tbsp

Garam masala powder   1 tsp

salt  1 tsp

fresh coriander  1 cup chopped

Directions,

1. Cut garlic in thin slices…do not chop it.
Julian cut ginger.
chop fresh coriander

2. Heat a wok ,add 1 cup oil with garlic. cook for 1 minute on high heat.

3. Than add whole green chilies.

4. Cook them until changes their colour.

5. Than add chicken and cook it for almost five minutes on high heat. Until chicken changes its colour.

6. Now add chopped chilies and lemon juice.
stir and with lid and slow heat cook it for almost 10 minutes.

7. Take off the lid and stir it on high heat until all extra juices from chicken evaporates.
Now add ginger and coriander…stir for 1 minute.

8. Now add garam masala powder and salt. Stir and again with lid cook it for 5-7 minutes.

Balochi tikka in highway style is ready.
serve with fresh hot naan
add more lemon juice if you like.

You can check  YouTube link to understand more
Balochi fish/chicken Tikka recipe in highways restaurant style

I hope you will enjoy the fantastic taste of your home made highway style Balochi Tikka  🙂

Kashif

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Karachi, Pakistan
25 comments
Level 10

Re: A traditional dish from Pakistan : Balochi Tikka

@KashifMisidia This is most impressive. 👍

Connect Moderator

@U-royFelixA thank you bro.. so when are you visiting here to taste it??? Bring gallons of water with you, because this dish is much spicy 😋😋😋

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Level 10

Hi @KashifMisidia, assalamualaikum.Thank you very much for  sharing  your delicious recipe on Baluchi tikka. I have travelled  from Karachi to Hyderabad on the highway once but I was very unlucky for not getting chance to have taste your Baluci tikka, because I was travelling in a military convoy at that time. They didn't allowed me for leaving the convoy. Thank you for the recipe again. I will try to prepare this in my home. thanks.

Level 10

@KashifMisidia I love spicy food. 

Level 9

Dear we are in Pakistan, plan to have a LGs meeting in pakistan, 

Level 9

It looks so yummy. Thank you @KashifMisidia for sharing your traditional meal. I would love to have a taste of it soon

Level 10

Level 9

Thank you for sharing this Pakistan traditional dish @KashifMisidia

I'm going to try this weekend 😊

Connect Moderator

Walaikum assalam badre Alam siddique @Siddiqui-BA

Yes you can taste it your home, and you can get many indigrents very easily from your city , specially garam masala. 

Thanks for like