theejadezeller's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A taste of Mexico(at least, what I imagine Mexico would taste like) in Bed-Stuy

Have you gotten sick and tired of all the Mexican food venues everywhere because more than half of them are never that good? And all the happy hour margarita places that have pre-mixed versions with the lowest shelf tequila you can find? Well I am here to tell you about thee best, by far, Mexican + Mezcalita's (don't worry, i'll define soon) place in Brooklyn!

I walk up to the restaurant and there are no major signs anywhere really except for the little sandwich board braggin' about their Happy Hour $6 Margarita's $7 Mezcalita's and some stringing white lights above the entryway. As I walk in, I feel the vibe immediately. It is small, quaint, about 6 two top tables and one 6/7 person long table on your right and the colorful bar to your left. Let me add, the bar has about 7/8 seats and a gorgeous tile counter top...not a bad place to dine alone! Behind me, there are two large window's that open wide during the hot summer days and cool summer nights. Candles light up each table with a fresh flower or two as I walk over to an empty table and sit down. There are knickknacks all over: on the wall, by the bathroom, behind the bar. They hand me a small paper menu and an even smaller one which had the drinks. So I order a Mezcalita, basically a margarita but with mezcal instead of tequila and a chili salt rim! Don't have to tell me twice. I also immediately order the chips and guacamole. Boy, was that guacamole GOOD. It's the chunky, freshly made-to-order type! After two Mezcalitas in, I order the shrimp quesadilla and the vegetarian taco. I should add: I am not vegetarian

Jade Zeller
1 comment
Google Vendor

Re: A taste of Mexico(at least, what I imagine Mexico would taste like) in Bed-Stuy

Hi @theejadezeller,

Thank you for sharing your post with us. You made me want to take the first flight and go to this place. I love Mexican food, and it is true, it is very difficult to find a place with good quality. Do you have pictures from there? If yes, why not add them here?

As it looks like you are new on Connect, why don't you explore the many topic labels and check out the conversations happening among other Local Guides? You can tell us a bit more about yourself in our monthly topic Introduce Yourself - January 2019.

You can read the What are Connect topics? article and to make the most of your experience, you can take a look at What makes a good post? article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!