SunPanupong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give authority for decent Local Guides to approve the pending edits

Giving the authority to some experienced/decent Local Guides in their country to help approve the pending edits from other Local Guides could make the incomplete information to be edited faster than ever.

98 Comments
Level 10

Yes dear 

I totally agree with the idea. 

This is has been done in map maker  ( regional lead ) and was very successful as the regional lead know the behaviour of local guides in his country like no other .

Thank you for your idea 

Level 10
  1. हमें विवाद की स्थिति में कैसी संपादन के मामले में स्थानी LG की राय को प्राथमिकता देना चाहिए।
Google Moderator
Status changed to: Needs information

Hello @Tillu,

Thank you for your idea, we need more information to better understand what you’re suggesting. Can you share the specific things you’d like to see?

I am changing the status to needs information. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @AngieYC  मेरे लिए अचरज का विषय है। जिस शहर में पिछले 45 वर्षोंं में रह रहा हूं। उस सड़क का नाम गारी पिपलिया मुझे गूगल मैप्स से ज्ञात हुआ हैै। अब तक शहर के लोग उसे आगरा- बॉम्बे राजमार्ग के नाम से जानते हैं। संपादन को लागू नहींं सिद्ध हुआ है। स्थानीय पते में भी चार स्थानों का नाम रहता है जिसमें तीन गलत होते हैं।मात्र एक पता सही होता है। मैप्सस की विश्वसनीयता किस प्रकार कायम हो सकती है।

Google Moderator

Hello @Tillu,

Please excuse my answer in English. 

Thank you for adding more information to it. Similar idea had been suggested before and I am merging it here - Give authority for decent Local Guides to approve the pending edits

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

I wish, if Google map gives authorisation to those very active local guides (level 7 and above) to edit and correct details in Google maps without further detailed verification by Google; since detail verification of corrections made about those specific edits over remote areas cannot be verified with that ease even by Google, and fails at times. This could be easily solved if edits done by local guides (level  7 and above) with in the vicinity of the edit being approved without further verification. Thanks for your time.

Level 10

@Jestin welcome to the Local Guides Connect community. It's your first post! 

Since you are fairly new here, do introduce yourself (it not already) by replying to our monthly introductions post here:  Introduce Yourself Nov 2018

Since you are posting an idea, do post it to Idea Exchange board, rather than the meet-up board. Use the below links as a reference on what to write and share.

> How to share good posts: What are Connect topics? and also What makes a good post?

> Making LG Connect a interactive, conducive place: 5 core values of Connect

Happy contributing! 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Jestin I agree with @StephenAbraham this should be raised on Idea Exchange but remember to search first and vote on an existing idea if there is one.

For your suggestion, I spent an hour yesterday marking the duplicate contributions from my local area as duplicates so they would get removed so not all high level LG are trustworthy. This person was the same as me, a 9. That is why there are checks and balances in place.

Level 10

I'm agree with @PaulPavlinovich

Trustworthy is something different with level.

Even I know some level 10 LGs that were doing spams (although now they LG account banned).

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides