PriyankaU's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A letter to Google Maps

My love affair with Google maps started when I was in the lowest phase of my life. A small town girl with a broken leg, unemployed and lost. Local guide priyanka smiling at the camera.Local guide priyanka smiling at the camera.

I became a local guide on April 11, 2017. I use to write reviews on various platforms including Google maps till 3 am in the morning as I couldn't sleep. I was doing this to keep my demons away. Earning points and moving ahead on levels excited me. After a few months I realised the impact of those reviews. I realised I can help soo many people across the world make better choices by sharing my local knowledge in a simple review or a photograph. My relationship with Google maps grew fonder.
I started liking google maps and enjoyed writing reviews.

Then came 2018, I was invited for the local guides summit. It was a surreal experience.Going to the airport for connect live 2018Going to the airport for connect live 2018

I started exploring local guides connect forum more. I came to know about this forum while applying for connect live 2018. From here, I got to know about meet ups and organized my first meet up #looreview. Sadly nobody attended it but the zeal to make a difference got me going. I realised I liked talking more about issues and doing something about it, irrespective of getting support or not. I went on organising 5 meet ups on different issues.

Adding small businesses run by women gives me unmatched satisfaction, because it opens up new opportunities for them and helps them grow.

I also like answering questions you ask about the places I have been to.

My photography skill is below average, I'll try to improve on that and add more photos. (P.S - No great photos in this post)

I did my something about everything i cared for, and will continue to do in the future. Being a local guide taught me humility, helped me become a better citizen of this globe.

Thank you Google maps for being the best partner, for always being there for me, and for helping me find great friends. Cheers to two years of togetherness and many more to come.

Vapi, Gujarat, India
30 comments
Level 7

Re: A letter to Google Maps

really google is very nice ..

Connect Moderator

Always love hearing your story of resilience and love for our community, @PriyankaU ! You're a superstar!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

Thank you @SP31 for always encouraging me with your positive comments. 

Level 10

@PriyankaU  I tried to contact you several times and I could not contact you. I was going through my old photos and look at what I found. 

PriyankaU

Level 10

Great Connect Live 2019 post @PriyankaU 

Junaid
Level 9

I am soo sorry @AnuradhaP. I have an important exam coming up, so i am away from social media. I still remember  this night, we went to golden gate bridge. Thank you everything. 

Level 10

@PriyankaU Nice to hear from you. Yes, still I can remember that day.

I may come to Delhi in July. I will try to come and meet you. I know it is far away, but see a friend I can travel that distance. I like to see that well. 

Wish you all the best for your exam, get that one mark. It will change your life. 😉

Connect Moderator

Awesome @PriyankaU 

You have that great journey and now I'm sure once the results are out, we will all get a chance to cherish and celebrate your academic excellence as well. 

So glad I met you in person, you are awesome person and top Local Guide 💪

Level 10

Keep taking photos. Gradually your eye and sense of quality will improve. Read a few articles  or watch a few videos on how to take photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZPuc3HV5O8

Hope this video helps.