Denise_Barlock's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

A lake with icebergs! ...in Valdez, Alaska #StateChallenge

We really love kayaking and I can't believe there's a lake in Valdez, Alaska with icebergs! We didn't get to close to the glacier in the kayaks as we were seeing some of the ice of the glacier calving in various spots. The ice falling off the glacier can actually be really LARGE!

HUGE iceberg in the Valdez Glacier LakeHUGE iceberg in the Valdez Glacier Lake

#LocalGuidesUSA

Valdez Glacier Lake, Valdez, AK, USA
5 comments
Level 10

Re: A lake with icebergs! ...in Valdez, Alaska

@Denise_Barlock nice post and wonderful place! thanks for sharing!

Connect Moderator

When that stuff calves I hope you know how to use your kayak in surf @Denise_Barlock that would be a fun experience

Former Google Contributor

HI @Denise_Barlock,

That looks like a lot of fun and this lake looks so calm and peaceful! Do you kayak a lot? Did you bring your own kayaks or can you perhaps rent ones from there? I've never tried it before, but it looks exciting and adventurous. Was this your first time exploring in the area? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Re: A lake with icebergs! ...in Valdez, Alaska #StateChallenge

this is an amazing place indeed @Denise_Barlock  ... I haven't got a chance to visit this heaven on earth while I was staying in NYC but it was actually on the pipe line. Hopefully one day I can visit this beautiful place

Connect Moderator

Re: A lake with icebergs! ...in Valdez, Alaska #StateChallenge

@Denise_Barlock the place is really beautiful. I like your dogs in their yellow vests, and how you always take them to any of your adventures.

I would like to visit Alaska once.

Greetings.

Silvy 🇦🇷