SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A gift from another Local Guide whom I didn't meet yet

Hi wonderful Local Guides.

I am going to share with you one of the most beautiful moments as a Local Guide which I experienced today. Local Guides Program gave me so many like-minded friends from different places who inspire me daily. And that is how I get to know, a Local Guide from Chennai, @JohnPeter. We discussed to conduct Local Guides meetup in Tamil Nadu. And now, John sent me two Chennai Local Guides community Hat and two badges.:)?

I was very much happy when I received it. Isn't it a great feel to get a gift from a friend whom we didn't meet yet. My heartfelt thanks to dear John for his efforts to send me this gift. I am so thankful to the Local Guides Program for giving me so many wonderful friends like John and others.Me with one of the most memorable gifts I ever received..Me with one of the most memorable gifts I ever received..

I would like to read any of your memorable experiences like this in Local Guides Program. Thank you all and Happy Guiding!

Vellore Local Guides
15 comments
Level 10

Re: A gift from another Local Guide whom I didn't meet yet

Thank you for sharing this story.  It was a good and interesting read.  I like the cap and badge (one that you can actually touch and feel as well).

I have not met any local guides myself.so no such story to share but two days ago I helped a stranger become one. Was taking a photo of some local government approved street art and someone ask what I was going to do with the photo.  Five minutes later they were a local guide via their phone taking the picture.  Turns out they had a connection to the artist who had a disability, a fact I would otherwise have had no knowledge of.

Level 10

Thanks, dear @SalmaanN for your kind words. You look very nice in the net outfit and I wish you all the very best in life.

Yes, I too have such many awesome experiences with the Local guides I haven't met so far. 

@Steve Abraham, a very committed person ready to help me at any time and anything.  He is one of my best friends in connect and he is my Technology guru. We have never met before but we had chatted a lot, had video calls and emails. Mostly I seek his help in relation to google map contribution and issues with it. 

My recent experience with @travelerg, I just met him in local guide WhatsApp group while planning for a meetup. He invited me to his villa and I spend two days with him for planning, learning, and mapping new locations. He is an expert in DSLR, Drone, and with other technology.  I thrilled by his hospitality and love. 

Thanks 

Level 10

Connect Moderator

You are looking great bro @SalmaanN

Thanks for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

You are looking good @SalmaanN 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9

Gift from another local guides that's so cool, thank you @SalmaanN and @JohnPeter

Level 8

I am glad that you like this thread, @MarkAidan. And thank you for sharing one of your experiences. Making a stranger to introduce in Local Guides Program is really great. I had experiences when someone asked me of why I was taking photos of a place. I politely reply to them, on how this photo will help others through Google Maps, then most of them became friends to me. Thanks again! 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thanks for sharing your experience, dear @JohnPeter. Yeah, @StephenAbraham is like a big brother to me. Always ready to help on anything. And it is great to know about @TravellerG. I wish to meet you and him in any upcoming meetups to learn and explore. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thanks for your wishes, dear @StephenAbraham Anna. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides