TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

A few of my favorite Connect posts in 2018

Caption: A photo of me with Local Guides Sonia, Ralph, Megan and Yasmin around the fake campfire in a tent at Connect Live 2018. This is the exact moment we decided we have the exact level of passion for the program and overall energy at Connect Live 2018.Caption: A photo of me with Local Guides Sonia, Ralph, Megan and Yasmin around the fake campfire in a tent at Connect Live 2018. This is the exact moment we decided we have the exact level of passion for the program and overall energy at Connect Live 2018.

As @Albry shared in her post, 2018 was a pretty fantastic year for Local Guides. No matter where in the world you are, one thing brings us together: Connect! This year you all shared such amazing posts that recapped your meet-ups, told us about your local delicacies and generally spread positivity and knowledge about your world. I am pretty sure I read nearly all of your posts, but a few stood out to me and really represented what I love most about our program.

Here are just a few of my favorite posts:

What’s one of the best posts you read on Connect in 2018?

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
22 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A few of my favorite Connect posts in 2018

OMG, @TraciC, so glad you liked it.

I had a very long internal debate before to decide to post it. The video of @FaridTDF trying to eat chicken feet was very personal, you know. But Farid gave me the permission, without watching it. This is part of this friendship: trusting each other

Level 10

Wawww @TraciC,

It's an honour to know that you appreciated my post.

Thank you for all I'm proud to be a local guide 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing your favorites @TraciC

All of them are awesome!

Level 8

Wow, OMG thank you Traci, happy knowing that you like it. So, do you to come to Jakarta and feel the experiences :)) You have to prepare more energy when you come here and try our public transportations

a lot of improvisation done by Google Map in Jakarta that has helped many people to commuting using public transport.
Thanks you Traci.. happy new years for you and all Local Guides team...

Level 10

Thanks dear @TraciC,  you have been a great inspiration to all of us. Your posts are great and I appreciate your active involvement in the Connect live events and making it a grand success.

The photo you shared in this post tells it all, perfect.  

Level 9

Yess..... 

I think now i must be come n reading more article ini connect n hunting more place n information , 

Nice tom.

Connect Moderator

Me encanto tu selección @TraciC, en especial la de las 3P de @Venance, casi que complementa positivamente a los 5 valores de todo Local Guides. 

Por supuesto también la de @ErmesT, con uno de los principales valores que tiene Connect, un intangible como la amistad, Es un bien muy extraño en nuestras sociedades y de adulto más raro todavía, encontrarlo es casi como encontrar un diamante en el Kilimanjaro. Pero eso es lo que tiene Connect, su gran virtud, poder conectar con personas en las antípodas del mundo y parecer que lo conocemos de toda la vida, que cuando nos juntamos personalmente es como si ayer estuvimos tomando un café en el bar de la esquina y la charla sigue con el último tema que tocamos, es un cosa muy rara y hasta casi difícil de explicarla, ocurre con pocas personas pero cuando ocurre esta, me es muy difícil no mencionar a @KarenVChin, en esto que hablo ya que hablar de uno sin el otro es como hablar de una hamburguesa sin aderezo o peor aún sin el medallón de carne que da sentido a la hamburguesa. Como sea humildemente siento que lo que más me deja Connect es eso, amistades por muchos lugares del mundo. Charlas muy ricas, conocimiento y aprendizaje, poder ver que el mundo se hace pequeño de la mano de Google Maps, que lo puedo meter en el bolsillo y salir a caminar por el, que seguro encontrare amigos de ruta he historias que leer.

Connect se está haciendo más grande a medida qué pasa el tiempo, con más contenido y más temas que leer, se hace complicado en ocaciones seguir el hilo de todas las historias, pero allí está para retomarlo en el momento que nosotros deseemos, este 2019 será muy vibrante y motivador, comencemos a recorrerlo que cuando estemos en el 2020 y leamos el resumen de este año, seguro que será extraordinario.

Farid.

Googler

So glad you all enjoyed it and thanks for sharing these lovely posts. I read a LOT here on Connect and I will always give a like when I love a post! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10