Shirley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bls: A day in the mountains with a 360 Camera

Shirley! That was Epic! Also amazing view. The scenery, snowboarding and the experience. I can feel it. Glad to read ur story. Hope one day i can snowboarding

Connect Moderator

Re: A day in the mountains with a 360 Camera

Yeah, actually you are right 🙂 @LucioV

Former Google Contributor

Bls: A day in the mountains with a 360 Camera

Hi @badaib,

Just as a reminder, don't forget when responding to others make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

This has got to be on my favorite posts of the year, @Shirley! YOU'VE. GOT. SKILLS! And I mean that in terms of your snowboarding (seriously, I could only ever dream - I've only snowboarded in video games!), your helmet rig, and your footage. I feel like I was on the trip with you from watching your footage and riding down the slopes with you. The scenery is incredibly beautiful and I could only imagine how crisp the air was. 

Seeing that the camera stayed attached - I'd say you did an impressive job! I'm glad you were okay after the collision. There are so many other people skiing and snowboarding, I can't even imagine trying to keep my balance and wits while avoiding everyone else. Seriously looks like a lot of fun. 

I think my favorite thing was the photo you took from the glass bottom gondola - seeing all the trees covered in snow below, so far below, is pretty epic and I think that gondola is awesome. 

What a great time - thanks for sharing so much Shirley. I know a lot went into this and I'm glad to have had a 360 look into your visit to Whistler. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Wow! 360 camera related post and wonderful mountain photos @Shirley thanks for sharing with us.

Level 9

@LucioV: Thanks!! Yea, Whistler is amazing! Have you had the chance to come here?? And oh my gosh!! You second video with the ice climbing!! What an adventure!!

Thanks @HiroyukiTakisawa!! You helmet post was very helpful! Yes, do post any interesting videos that you take with your helmet!! Would love to see it!! I'm sure you'll be able to pick up skiing again!

@TsekoV: Canada is definitely known for its gorgeous and beautiful scenery. The views are amazing and even if you don't ski or snowboard, it is still possible to see a lot of the gorgeous views! I'm glad you enjoyed the post! 🙂

Thanks for your kind words @Carmelina62 🙂

Hehe I'll be waiting to see what you'll share @BudionoS!! Looking forward to it!

@KatyaL: I'm glad you enjoyed the videos!! Oh wow, that night time skiing view is quite pretty!! We don't have night time at Whistler because the mountain is too big and safety is of concern. Definitely would consider Bulgaria! Are there more skiers or snowboarders over in Bulgaria?? 

Thanks @IlankovanT! Your post was helpful for giving me ideas with the helmet. 😄 Happy to hear you enjoyed! 

Woooo! @badaib Yes, really hope you get to try snowboarding one day! 

@SP31 Thanks!! Oh I'm not that good on a snowboard, don't you see all the people zooming by me?? I was quite worried about the camera staying attached though, it is a bit of a bulky shape on top of the helmet, unlike a GoPro, a bit smaller and compact. The glass bottom gondola is pretty good, definitely a different view for sure! Glad to hear you like it!! I'm so glad I decided to bring the camera with me to the mountains. I'm thinking about what else I can do with it next! 😄 

Thanks @MdEmranulHoque! Great to hear you enjoyed the photos and post! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Nope @Shirley never... but I know this is the place of the magic powder snow....

Skiing is too expensive for me nowadays... so a place like that is simply unreachable for me! But ... who knows!?!?

Connect Moderator

@Shirley aww, haha - you've got the basics down at least and the skill to make it downhill!

But I see what you mean, very different than a GoPro. I get worried using it in my hands on normal ground lol so I can imagine in that situation. We'll definitely be looking forward to your next move with the Ricoh! 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

Wow!

Thank you dear @Shirley for you nice post!

The view on the mountain is breathtaking!

Was it  your the first time on snowbording!?

What was exciting day in the mountain with 360  camera.!!!It is great!

I enjoy wathing your photos!

I love mountain very much and are going to Bulgaria ,to Bancko.

Best wishes,

Level 9

Yeaaaa @LucioV when Whistler is at its peak during the snow season, it is amazing! And you never know! But if you are ever thinking of a ski vacation, then think of here!!

Thanks @SP31!! Yea, I was very worried about smashing the lens, especially when it was very icy! I'll keep you posted on what I do next with the camera!

@helga19: Glad to hear that you enjoyed the photos and videos. No, I've snowboarded many times before!! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!