SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A day dedicated to Local Guides Program

I was planning from few months just to dedicate one of my days totally to Google Maps or Local Guides Program. Before Sunrise to after Sunset just to do as much as the contributions I can. Luckily, that day happened to come. I was hosting a Local Guides 360 Photo Walk Meetup at Bengaluru last week. I found that just one day before to my meetup, there was a 360Photo Walk Meetup at Yercaud which is more than 200kms from Bengaluru. I clearly had no idea on what to do. As I really wanted to attend the Yercaud Meetup since I wanted to meet Tamilnadu Local Guides and also to get some photography tips from Yercaud Meetup host, @TravellerG who is very much experienced in Photography. I decided to attend the Yercaud Meetup by departing on meetup day, Saturday early morning and to get back to Bengaluru by leaving from Yercaud on the evening so that I could not miss the Meetup at Bengaluru which I was hosting. 

The difficulty was travelling around 400kms on the same day by bus would have chance to make me exhaust which may affect my next day meetup.
Finally, I decided that I will try and check out whether it work or not and yes it really worked.

Selfie when leaving around 5AM and selfie after reaching around 12AMSelfie when leaving around 5AM and selfie after reaching around 12AM

I started my journey on Saturday early morning at 5 am from home then got the bus going to Salem and since Yercaud is a hill place and I had to get in a bus from Salem. The Meetup was 10AM to 5PM. I reached Yercaud around 1PM as I forget to get in a direct bus to Salem and it took me way long time to reach Salem itself. 

Meetup host, TravellerG is so kind that he was about to send car to get me from bus stand but I said it's fine just to share the location so that I can join them. I was really excited to meet all the attendees. After reaching the location and meeting them felt like just meeting our old friends as always. I met with @Saravanakanth Sir, @Mohanvee@Rahulpillai555 and others. I gave the India Local Guides badge to them and one extra to give @JohnPeter who was not able to join this meetup due to health issues. Many places have been already covered during this meetup by all of them since I was late to meetup. We then had lunch and thanks to TravellerG for offering us lunch during meetup. TravellerG showed me how to take 360s and upload it to Google Maps in step by step by detail. It was great time learning about Photography and knowing their experiences in photography

I then shared my experiences about Connect Live 2018 to all of them. How I started as a Local Guide, What can we do in Connect. How was Connect Live, etc. All were very much interested in knowing it.

TravellerG then took us to tourist spots and busy streets at Yercaud. The real fun was started when we were taking photos and 360s of places and walking along the streets holding 360cameras, DSLRs and phones for capturing and mapping.Caption - Photo collage during the local guides meetup at YercaudCaption - Photo collage during the local guides meetup at Yercaud

20181117044332_IMG_3312_1543214393507.jpg

Many people seem quite curious to know about what we were doing. Many asked and we politely replied to them and they were really happy knowing how it will help people in Google Maps.Lambert Sir taking 360 photos at Yercaud Bus Stand during meetupLambert Sir taking 360 photos at Yercaud Bus Stand during meetup

During MeetupDuring Meetup

We then had a great coffee and thanks for offering it. Then we travelled to other places in TravellerG's car and started to mapping it.20181117042440_IMG_3290_1543214181154.jpg

At that time, we met few students and TravellerG and Saravanakanth Sir explained about Local Guides Program to them. And the students were interestingly observed all they said. It was around 6PM at that time and I told that I had to leave to Bangalore. And I told how this meetup was to all of them. Exploring with 360s and cameras in a busy places like this was the first time experience for me. And how much mesmerized I am because of the hospitality of TravellerG, Saravanakanth Sir, Lambert Sir, Mohan bro, Rahul bro and others. Then, Saravanakanth Sir got an auto for me to go back to bus stand and then I returned. Thank you so much to all of them. I reached my home in Bengaluru at 12AM midnight and yes my goal was achieved.

Leaving the home before sunrise and reaching the home after sunset for Local Guides Program. Even my journey of many hours went on travel itself I still consider it as dedicated for Local Guides Program since that day had nothing to do with any of my other works.

Thanks to Local Guides Team for making me meet so many amazing people and my thanks to Local Guides across the globe for making the world a better place to live.

Vellore Local Guides
16 comments
Google Vendor

Re: A day dedicated to Local Guides Program

Hi @SalmaanN,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very happy that you had a great time learning more about photography during the meet up. 

Keep up contributing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Wow what a wonderful post dear @SalmaanN.

The very heading itself very catching and narration is really good. Congrats that you had wonderful time and successfully hosted next day meetup.  It was a long journey but you made it. 

Sorry I couldn't meet you and thank you for the lovely gift. 

I thank @travellerg for his hospitality and saravanakanth sir for making this meetup great success and the full team. 

I wish you all success, 

Level 9

Thanks @SalmaanN for attending the Yercaud meetup and sharing us your experiences on Connect Live 2018.  You are so kind to offer us Theta 360 camera to shoot photos.  The India Guide badge offered by you was so nice and thanks for providing the same.  We were able to learn so many things from you and hope we will meet again in the days to come.

SARAVANAKANTH
??
Join with us in the Tamilnadu Local Guides WhatsApp group
Level 10

Hi dear & loving @SalmaanN,

I am extremely humbled to read your, detailed recap of your trip to Yercaud.

1. Right the way, you started with the post, itself is interesting; appreciate & congratulate you for the concept - a full day for LGs - really nice.

2. Maost of the post reflects, your good heart & mind.

3. Happy to note that you enjoyed the Yercaud Meet up.

4. In a brief session, after you left, all were appreciating your enthusiasm and piousness; you are very genuine human and blessed too.

5. Yes, your brief sessions about your Connect Live 2018 experience was enjoyed by all - we went short of time..felt sorry for that.

6. Yes, God's grace, we had many good guides to share our experience and give mutual company - I too, once agian, apprecciate and thank @JohnPeter & Dhamu (although, they could not come to Yercaud; but was following us in What'sApp), @Saravanakanth, @Lambertwinston, @MohanVee, @Rahulpillai555, and Venkatesh.

God willingly, hope to host more meet ups, shortly - Thank you, dear all readers..

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Level 9

Wow bro @SalmaanN excellent post & beautifully narrated. 

Level 6

super bro....

Level 8

Thank you so much for the kind words, @InaS. It was indeed a great time during the meetup with fill of learning. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thanks a lot, @JohnPeter. It is okay and I am looking forward to meeting you soon. I wish you too success. 

Vellore Local Guides