mchomsky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

A Time For Thanks

Local Guides Google Team '16Local Guides Google Team '16

As 2016 comes to a close, I felt compelled to reach out to all of you with one singular message: Thank You. The Local Guides program represents an incredibly unique community of passionate people. You share your experiences on Google Maps for many different reasons.

Mara at #LGSummit16Mara at #LGSummit16

But at the end of the day, we have learned some key things from you:

• Local Guides know their cities, and want other Local Guides and visitors to experience amazing finds in these global destinations
  • You are hungry to meet and connect with one another, and we at Google commit to creating more opportunities for you to do so
  • Local Guides are responsible for 50% of contributions in Google Maps — simply astounding!

Once again, thank you all for humanizing the map. We look forward to an even better 2017!

Cheers,

Mara Chomsky & the Local Guides team

Global Lead, Local Guides, Google

48 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Time For Thanks

Looking forward to 2017 @mchomsky. It's gonna be awesome 😄

Level 8

Your post made me happy 🙂 . Merry Christmass and Happy new year in advance @mchomsky ...

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 8

I am sure the community gonna grow alot big in the future days @2017+

Happy new Year and Merry Christmas in advance 

Happy to be here before 2k17

#GoodLuck2All4NextYear

Level 10

@mchomsky cheers too. 🙂 You are making me jealous, lol... 😄

Level 9

@mchomsky Thank you so much. May this Christmas bring you all the love and luck in the world!
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2017 to the entire Local Guides Team. 

🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄  🎄

@TraciC @Corrie @Gus @AnoukV @AradhanaB and rest of the Local Guides team. 🙂 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 5

@mchomsky thanks... 

For tell us yyour eexperience.... 

Googler

Happy holidays, many thanks and sending warm wishes for the happiest, healthiest and most exploring-est (that is not a word, I know) of new years to all #LocalGuides of the past, present and future! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 4

Nice job!, good luck my friend.

Level 7

Great! Makes all contributors happy. The main idea may be creating maps and description of places, roads etc. but this program has awakened the hidden kindness in the hearts of the Local Guides and have given a path to volunteer and help the needy. Great work and many thanks to Google, moderators and contributors. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.