MadanKPradhan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A Short Trek to one of the Highest Lake in World - Tilicho Lake

Tilicho Lake - 4919 mTilicho Lake - 4919 m

Tilicho Lake is situated in the Manang District of Nepal. It is one of the challenging trek in the Annapurna range due to its difficult geographical area. The Lake is situated at an altitude of 4,919 meters in the Annapurna range.

The long trekking trail takes about 16-18 days but we can short it out (due to time) by traveling the road access area by jeep. Which will leave us with around 3 -4 days depending upon the stay as well as individual trekking speed.

The Short Journey (Depends on your Departure Point):

Day 1 (Leaving Biratnagar): The day of the journey finally came. We (I and my school friend) started our journey from Biratnagar in the Evening Bus (5:30 P.M.) to Narayangarh. Since we were further way from our other friend we started our journey earlier than them.

Day 2 (Destination Narayangarh): With no sleeping mode (J) in the bus travel we reached our initial destination an hour earlier, all thanks to the driver. Since we reached there earlier around 4:30 A.M., it took some time for us to find room for our short rest, before our next journey.

After some rest and sleep, we had our breakfast and waited for some time while roaming nearby for our other 3 friends.

Playing Swing Ping after more than a decade :)Playing Swing Ping after more than a decade 🙂

Day 2 (Destination Besisahar): After catching up with the new 3 friends, we started our journey (around 10 A.M.) for Besisahar from where the real travel begins. We reached there at around 2:30 P.M. We got together with 1 more friend in Besisahar.

As much of the jeep travel destined for Khangsar are in the early morning we missed it. We looked for other jeep but no luck. So we decided to stay there for a day and decided to travel in the morning around 10 A.M. as booked.

Day 3 (Destination Khangsar): After waiting for long hour our jeep arrived at round 11:30 A.M. after the maintenance.

*The jeep go through maintenance after it returns back from the travel @ Besisahar/ Manang due to the road condition.

Though we tried to reach Khangsar but we couldn’t reach the destination. So we stayed in Chame for a Night. I think it was good for us though as it gave us some time to adjust ourselves with the increasing altitude.

*It is advised not to travel with large altitude difference in one day. So it’s better to allocate some additional day for the travel through vehicle.

Chyamche Water FallChyamche Water Fall

20171029_161140 - Copy.jpg

Day 4 (Destination Khangsar & Tilicho Base Camp):  We started our journey early in the Morning (6:30 A.M.) to reach there as quickly as possible as we have to reach the Tilicho Base Camp till evening. We finally reached Khangsar around 10:00 A.M.

Apple FarmApple Farm

We left Khangsar after having some rest and lunch. Now the real trekking started with the heavy load of bag on the back. We took some rest in the middle along Shree Kharka and continued our journey to Tilicho Base Champ. We reached there around 6:00 P.M. passing through many landslides areas.

20171030_082104.jpg

All thing we wanted was to lay down and have rest. We had some soup and finally was able to get rest to be prepared for tomorrow final Trek.

20171030_113200.jpg

20171030_125131.jpg

Day 5 (Destination Tilicho Lake):  The Tilicho Trek day, we set off from the base camp at around 6:30 A.M. with the light in the sky. Many other trekkers has already set off for the Lake. We started our journey with no hurry in mind as we have full day in hand. The main reason to climb the final approach slowly and with normal pace is to prevent us from the Altitude Sickness as we encountered several trekkers having the problem with the altitude and has to return back without reaching the Tilicho Lake.

20171031_071259.jpg

20171031_082750.jpg

20171031_115120.jpg

20171031_122722 - Copy.jpg

20171031_134837.jpg

IMG20171031130349.jpg

We finally reached Tilicho Lake at around 1:30 P.M.  We took some photos and started to return as there is no guarantee of weather out there with strong wind and cold weather. We can back to the base camp with the delight of view and lake.

Day 6 (Destination Besisahar): Since we stayed the night in the Base Camp, we started our journey back down early morning to reach Besisahar till evening. We reached Khangsar till 11:00 P.M. with some rest in the Shree Kharka and have some rest while finding the vehicle for Besisahar.

We have to stay in Chamje due to late start of our driving journey. We stayed there as our final stay in the middle.

Day 7 (Destination Narayangarh): We started our journey in the morning to reach Besisahar as quick as possible as we had more probability to get bus to our final destination. Finally we found one in the Besisahar Bus Park.

We left Besisahar after almost 1 hr. to catchup another bus from Narayangarh to our final destination Biratnagar.  We reached at around 5 P.M. in the evening to get our ticket for our final destination. We boarded our final bus to Biratnagar at around 6 P.M. continuing our vehicle travel back to back.

Day 8: Finally reached Biratnagar early in the morning with final stop to our Trekking Journey.

Summary Short Journey Itinerary from Besisahar (For Normal Speed Trekkers):

Day 1: Driving early in the morning from Besisahar (760m) to Khangsar (3756m); around 10-11 hours

Day 2: Trek from Khangsar (3756m) to Tilicho Base Camp (4200m); around 4-6 hours

Day 3: Trek to Tilicho Lake (4919m) and Back to Tilicho Base Camp; around 8-1o hours

Day 4:  Trek back to Khangsar from Tilicho Base Camp; around 4-5 hours. Driving back till Chamje or nearby.

Day 5: Driving back to Besisahar

@TraciC @HelloJess @JuanCh @LucioV @HelloSamsonR @MahabubMunna @IlankovanT @SovitaD @YK1001 @HashimN

Hope you guys will enjoy.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Tilicho Lake, Khangsar, Mid-Western Development Region, Nepal
12 comments
Googler

Re: A Short Trek to one of the Highest Lake in World - Tilicho Lake

Wow @MadanKPradhan what an amazing experience! It must have been really exhausting but very rewarding! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Level 10

Wow! I love this trek! Thanks for the lovely reportage!
I really wanna trek in the Annapurna range, once in my life!

Level 8

Thank you very much for bring this amazing story to us, @MadanKPradhan!

The views are so great!  Your photos really bring me there.

@TraciC, this story will definitely delights you.

Level 10

Wow @MadanKPradhan This is really amazing. Omg Wow I wish I was with you on this remarkable trip of yours. Adventures are things I don't joke with, Wow!!!. Thanks for sharing with is Madan, I love it. This is lit 👏.

Level 9

Ya @JuanCh you are rewarded when you reach the Lake 🙂

Level 9

Ya sure @LucioV. There are many treks near Annapurna Range (Base Camp Trekking, Tilicho Lake & the  Annapurna Circuit).

Level 9

Thanks @YK1001

Level 9

Thanks @HelloSamsonR. Just make a plan you will be here. 🙂

Level 9

wow! beautiful story @MadanKPradhan. really I love all those pictures.  thanks for sharing this with us 🙂