JosephR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

A QUESTION FOR LEVEL 5 LOCAL GUIDES

I was just wondering what some of you level 5 local guides been lucky enough to test out?

9 comments
Level 8

Re: A QUESTION FOR LEVEL 5 LOCAL GUIDES

Hi @JosephR So far I've been able to try an app, depending on your area you should be able to apply for some events.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 5

@JosephR,

I was sent an app called Test Flight from Google last year when we went on vacation in Oregon.It basically assembled all our flight and travel info and loads places of interest such as restaurants,tourist sites etc.It was cool but we never got any feedback from Google if we were of any help.Feedback is definitely not Google's strong point.I think whatever they are coming up with that is new they are not really sharing too early in the piece.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 9

Actually, the invitation to Google Asia Pacific HQ in Singapore for a gathering was the highlight.

Level 10

@JosephR, Level 5 Local Guides - and Trusted Street View Photographers - could test the new connectivity tool for the Street View App before it was released to the general public.

Level 8

nothing
I have not being asked to test anything out , neither have I ever being asked to attend any events - in fact I can not think of any sort of reward from google for the edits , contributions, photos , places added or reviews that I have done
Level 8

Hi @GerryW,

From personal experience, Testing Opportunities can reach us via:

1.  Enabled in Back end and shown to us in the Apps

- the Missions for Android Maps for L5, then L4, then L2 now.

- the Link Editor in Android StreetView App for L5 & Trusted Photographer

2.  Announced via other Channels

- the new LG Meeting Site as announced in the L5 / L4 exclusive access boards

- Maps Beta in Play Store

3.  Reminders 

- Google+ Beta testing

- Trusted Contacts Beta testing

email invitation is mainly for applying to join Google Hosted Events

- In Taipei, 2 events in Sep 2016 and 1 event in Jan 2017

The best way to have better testing chances is "stay connected".  So that any testing and events news will spread among fellow LGs quickly.

Connect Moderator

@JosephR hi 

Thanks for your interest about beta testing opportunity ..

Few month ago i have received a notification for being a Beta tester for Google maps ... then i registered or already a member of maps beta tester

this is my experience

beta tedter.JPG

Level 8

Thanks for your answer  @YK1001 

none of the above has ever being applied since I went over lvl 5 .

But you made me think about when I went over lvl 5 - that was back on the 10th June last year - here's a screenshot of the email I got when I qualified for level 5
 Screenshot_392.jpg

Since then , Google have not released any new products and given me access to the before public release - "Get access to test new Google products before public release "

neither have they hosted any sumits that I was made aware of - "Apply to attend our Level 5 Local Guides summit" and I could not apply to attend.

I have since more than doubled my points that led me to becoming a level 5 contributor ( my photos being viewed more than 3.5 million times ) but have not heard from Google  since becoming a level 5 contributor about any rewards. 

However , its not all bad or disappointing news from Google , As a trusted street view photographer , I had one email in December last year from a garage who were looking for a quote for a 360 virtual photo. Their email arrived to me as a BCC , so I imagine they emailed all the photographers listed on Googles website , I was busy at the time and unable to help the business owner at that time 

Level 8

Hi @GerryW,

You can visit our exclusive Level 5 board for LG Summit threads.  2016 is before my Level 5 days.  Details for 2017 not released yet.

So, stay connected is the way to go.