ChinonsoOnukwugha's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A Picture of Hope

This month in Nigeria has definitely been one filled with many emotions. Our presidential and gubernatorial elections are coming up and the atmosphere is a bit tense with no one truly knowing what the outcome will be.

Dates:

- Presidential Election: Saturday, February 16th

- Gubernatorial Election: Saturday, March 2nd

The image below was taken in Imo State, Nigeria and serves as a reminder (to me personally) of hope in the country.

IMG_20190202_074910.jpg

The sun is shining on the right side of the city (both literally and figuratively). Whatever the outcome is, I hope for progress and growth in the country. We have much to celebrate as a nation and much to strive for as we gear towards the upcoming years.

Chinonso Onukwugha

Imo State, Nigeria
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Picture of Hope: Nigeria's General Elections

@U-royFelixA for President!

I'd vote for him 🙂

This isn't quite on topic for Connect because we try to keep politics away from Local Guides but I understand and support your desire for hope and change @ChinonsoOnukwugha 

Level 7

Haha awesome.

Thanks for the fyi @PaulPavlinovich! Good to know, still getting the hang 🙂

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich What? Oh, Paul, you crack me up 🤣🤣🤣

Level 10

Re: A Picture of Hope

@ChinonsoOnukwugha Thanks for sharing. I pray for peace during the Nigeria elections. 

Level 7

Thank you, likewise!
Former Google Contributor

Hi @ChinonsoOnukwugha,

Thank you for participating in Local Guides Connect.

As @PaulPavlinovich mentioned you post is not quite on topic, but your photo is really great and I hope that everything will be alright in Nigeria. 

Please don't forget that your posts must stay on topic and get acquainted with the following articles, which will help you make your experience here much more enjoyable: 14 helpful tips for using connect and Local Guides program rules.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Connect Moderator

@ChinonsoOnukwugha  thanks for being positive and for sharing photos from Owerri.

That's the Akachi Sculpture and I look forward to getting closer to it.

Level 7

Thank you, always!

Looking forward to reading your recap on it!