Trail_blazer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A Local guide

One day I was going through questions of a landmark and I came across a Local Guide...he was stunningly at 95K contribution at that time (4-5 months ago)... Looks like he  adds huge amount of data every day....right now his contributions add up to 144K. I don't if he is one of the top contributor at Gmaps as of now, if not then he will be soon. By the way He is not a LG or member of connect. Most of his data is ok except some inferior quality photos. Just curious if quality of his data is checked and verified.Surely he will be at 200K mark before this year ends.

India
10 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Local guide

@Trail_blazer thanks for sharing us about that great contributor of Google Maps, yes quality of photos and contribution definitely matters, have a look at Top Contributors of Google products here

@AkmalB @DavidTito what's your opinion?

Level 10

Hi @Trail_blazer

I haven't get your point,what actually you're trying to write,

Your post title is a local guide,but in post you said he is not a part of Google Maps and connect????I am sorry if I missed something.

Thanks for mention me @Anonymous

Level 10

Akmal bro, this post isn't on very serious note. I was just highlighting the irony that some body is on adding spree and he has contribution of 1.44 lac and yet guy is not in seen community discussions and there is no local guide badge on his profile. He adds tonnes of data everyday as if some kind of competition going on here and he wanna run for no 1 spot, isn't that all ironical. I doubt the precision and quality of the data he is putting at Gmaps. Btw I couldn't find some very serious and relevant title so just added with a simple title.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Trail_blazer yes contributions are checked, especially of quick contributors. There are a number of people who contribute a lot and do it well, but sometimes people rising like a rocket are spammers of one form or another. Can you please PM me a link to the profile and I'll take a look and escalate if necessary.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@Anonymous This request is of information is not practice by @Trail_blazer for Google maps to check and review every photo in his or her profile, Google Maps 

Productivity would come to a holt for @Trail_blazer to even anticipate this request least provide us with a baseline or  Timeline data compared to the average local guide against another over X=Time (eg) years/months and take into account what sort of software would you be using?

To find this algorithm that he's asking?

in summary: algorithm

noun
 a processor set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.
  1. "a basic algorithm for division"
    @AkmalB I agree

@Anonymous wrote:

@Trail_blazer thanks for sharing us about that great contributor of Google Maps, yes quality of photos and contribution definitely matters, have a look at Top Contributors of Google products here

@AkmalB @DavidTito what's your opinion?

Level 7

Just a possibilities to share what I felt!

@PaulPavlinovich

@Trail_blazer

*May be he had not enrolled himself as Local Guide (as you have mentioned there is no batch on his profile)

*On a positive note: he must be enjoying posting huge data ( as google sends notification to every contributor irrespective of enrolled or not : I believe)

*On other the side its difficult to figure out as he is not on connect or anywhere else on local guides platform.   

Bit disappointing and discouraging act I personally feel.

Because I am new and contributing since November or December 2017 and enrolled myself as Google Local Guide in January 22nd 2018 (4 month approximately), today I am about to reach on Level 7 (few points left), and this is my normal speed, I contributed normally and naturally without understanding what it is all about initially. I learned the whole episode just after I received an email mentioning about the mega event Connect live., got motivated as this is an brilliant opportunity to showcase yourself as a eligible candidate as everyone wish in same way! 🙂 

So the point is if such things happens then people like me may get disappoint! for sure I cant and wont slow down my speed for any reason! irrespective of selection or deselection!

On a lighter side I felt I shared! 🙂

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Checkout my recent Post on Lets Guide the Wheels of Wheelchair!

Vasudeo
Level 10

@Vasudeo I can feel it, yes it can be disappointing for new LGs as well old LGs but you need to check the spammers.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Vasudeo it is ok to add plenty quickly providing the information is about your personal experiences.

One thing to watch is the number of photographs you're adding - any more than a few per place is generally excessive. Some Local Guides fall into the trap of adding lots and lots of similar images and when their contributions get reviewed and removed they pop up here asking where all their points went.

Be consistent and be valuable to the next Maps user.

Regards Paul

Level 7

Hi @PaulPavlinovich Thanks for adding values!

Cheer

Vasudeo

Vasudeo