ShahriarRaihan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A Local Guide from Chittagong, Bangladesh

Hello!! Local Guides Over the globe,

I am Md. Shahriar Raihan from Chittagong Bangladesh, One of the greenest country in the World.

I started my journey from Google Mapmaking and carried out the responsibility of a Regional Lead. After that, I came in light of Google Local Guide and started my new journey with Local Guides.

By which way I can support the future visitor to a location.  that way, I am trying to give my Reviews, Photos, and Answers with detail information in a simple and authentic way.

To promote Local Guide activity and inspire our my community youngs I have organized and participated so many meet-ups in Chittagong, Cox's-Bazar, and Dhaka.

Among them  the 1st local guides meet-up in Cox's-bazar, Independence day meet-up in Chittagong, 47th & 87th meet-up of Bangladesh Local Guides in Chittagong

If I'm asked, Why I am a Local Guides?

Then I should say something like this- I want to assist people virtually by my reviews and added photos that I got from others review and photos. For example, When I am planning to visit any unknown place then, first of all, I search on the map for how to go there, what will be the nature of the place and a proper idea of the place. Like that, Others can get help from my reviews and photos. As my real life experience, these things really help to make life easier. Also, I want to mention that I am very much fond of making new friends and doing networking with new people. Like I met with...  last year at Kolkata. Local Guides helps me a lot in this way- Saved lot's of time to bring people closer. Google Local Guides is one of the most important parts of my volunteer life.

My involvement in the Local Guides community and program

As a Local Guides, I like the thing most are Uploading Photos and Answering Questions. A photo can say so many things which you can't illustrate in words, I can share most of the experiences within a photo. Easily we can answer most of the FAQs through the questions. Especially, the physically challenged visitor can be informed their accessibility before the visit. Besides all of this, I also like to write reviews of specific visited places. Places on Google Map can be more effective and efficient by rating, writing reviews and adding photos. Moreover, I am a Google Street View Trusted Photographer and I also love to capture in 360-degree mode. I am very much conscious about the quality of writing reviews and adding photos instead of earning points. Points are the number but a good review or a good photo can make the impact.

Why I want to attend this year’s Local Guides Connect Live event and what I expect to learn from attending?

There are so many reasons to make me interested to join this Connect Live. As I love to travel and love to introduce new people so it will be a huge opportunity for me to meet Local Guides all over the world and learn so many things from them and will able make a bridge of cultural exchange.

Here some photos I attended local guides program

47th Independence Day of Bangladesh

79th Meetup of Bangladesh local guides in Chittagong city

Global Unoffical Local Guides Photowalk Event : Bangladesh

Bangladesh Local Guides Meet-Up Day

Trip to meet Fellow Local Guides in Dhaka

Few links from my previous discussion on Connect.

I very much thank full to all those persons who helped me a lot to come to this stage. Like brother and many more. Virtually I am learning from and other Connect Moderators and Google Moderators. Thank You all.

We all together can make this world a better.

Md. Shaharier Raihan

Chittagong, Bangladesh

Chittagong, Bangladesh
2 comments
Level 9

Re: A Local Guide from Chittagong, Bangladesh

Well done @ShahriarRaihan

Level 8

Re: A Local Guide from Chittagong, Bangladesh

Dear @ShahriarRaihan thanks to share your journey with us. Best of luck.