PaulJahn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A Day in the Life as a Google Local Guide

Moos Tower - Caribou CoffeeMoos Tower - Caribou CoffeeWell, not a day. For me, it’s just being aware of the present everyday ready for an opportunity. You find misinformation on Google Maps, you don’t find photos, you find places MISSING. All of this can turn something that doesn’t stand out in a map to something that does, and in the best way possible.

Recently, I’ve spent a lot of time at the University of Minnesota. There’s a pretty awesome Caribou Coffee there that at the time didn’t even have a Google Maps listing at all. On top of that, it’s not visible from the street level. It’s down in the sub-level, tucked away between Moos Tower and the Gopher Way Tunnel.

So, what I really like about this Caribou is how spacious it is. In addition to actually adding the missing place on the map with (at the time) bare-boned information, I wanted to showcase their large space to others who may find this beneficial to chat with their fellow students or staff, or just to plug in.

Whether this is a good or bad thing for Caribou, I showcased a morning rush line. Lines like this can be like clockwork in between classes.

Line at CaribouLine at Caribou

Since this Caribou isn’t visible from the street, I did want to plant a visual on where it is and a short description of how to get there.

What’s in it for Caribou? Well, 5 bucks out of me each time I suppose. I enjoy the space well enough that I usually by a large Cooler when I would plug in.

A day in the life? Aware of the present for opportunities? Whichever the case, you can help improve Google Maps and make lives just a little easier in minutes. I’m not sure Rand McNally envisioned this when they published their first road map.

This article was previously published April 8th on LinkedIn.

Google Verified 360 Street View Photography | LGC Travel and Advice |
Caribou Coffee, Southeast Washington Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, United States
2 comments
Level 10

Re: A Day in the Life as a Google Local Guide

Nice, informative, post.

I will re-share on Li.

Good job! 

Just a fix: the gopher way tunnel is a broken link 😉

Level 8

Re: A Day in the Life as a Google Local Guide

Hey, thanks Lucio! Hopefully I have it fixed now 🙂